The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It's very much a signal of return to business as usual now that Biden has the helm. Corporate USA has been ring fencing the world using trade deals and having been horrified by the failure of TTiP has been forced to break up the EU and try to get the UK into another noose instead.

Maybe.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's very much a signal of return to business as usual no that Biden has the helm. Corporate USA has been ring fencing the world using trade deals and having been horrified by the failure of TTiP has been forced to break up the EU and try to get the UK into another noose instead.

Maybe.

I kind of agree, but if this is a noose, it appears to be one we are tying for ourselves.

• Like 1

Grim:

Asylum-seekers 'left hungry' as Tory contractors provide 'degrading meals making them sick'

'Asylum seekers fleeing persecution are being given "degrading" food that's left them feeling sick, it's claimed.

Charity West London Welcome (WLW) has shared pictures of the 'airline-like' meals provided to people living in emergency hotel accommodation.

One "appalling" dinner included mash, peas and a bag of crisps while another consisted of "congealed" noodles.

The charity claims families awaiting decisions on their asylum for months aren't even allowed to use microwaves to heat food up and have to resort to boiling eggs in kettles.

The Home Office has given a number of its contracts to manage temporary hotels housing asylum-seekers to the same firm running the Napier Barracks in Folkestone, Kent, that has been hit by a fire and a Covid-19 outbreak.

Clearsprings Ready Homes was given a budget of £6 per person for three meals a day, WLW claims, with the charity comparing the food to the free school meals scandal.'

There's so much more about this at the link, but why not enjoy some pictures of delicious meals instead? I have copied the original captions:

0_Asylum-seekers-food.jpg

Corn in a meal served as dinner at one asylum-seeker hotel

0_Asylum-seekers-food.jpg

A patty in a roll that was unable to be heated up, the charity claims

1_Asylum-seekers-food.jpg

A dinner served to an asylum-seeker at one London hotel

The worst part of it is *the cruelty is the point*, so even sharing these images is doing Patel's work for her.

• Like 2

I tell you, these last 5 years of actually paying attention to politics has been a wild ride. Turns out I'm now a terrorist. Glad that the government have asked Lord Walney, AKA ex-Labour MP John Woodcock - mysteriously given a peerage after telling people to vote for Boris Johnson - to investigate*

* John Woodcock obviously knows about investigations after resigning from the Labour Party before an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment could be completed

• Like 1

A very silly story, in which as far as I can see no actual crimes have been committed or alleged, and no legislative solutions are being proposed; simply a story which exists to rile up pensioners with yet more culture war bollocks.

• Like 3

John Bercow said he experienced it from the Conservative Party but the media at large never seemed particularly interested

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/john-bercow-says-antisemitism-is-a-conservative-issue-not-a-labour-one-616434

“I did experience antisemitism from members of the Conservative Party,” Bercow told The Sunday Times. “It’s very difficult to put a figure on it. A lot was subtle. I remember a member saying, ‘If I had my way, Berkoff, people like you wouldn’t be allowed in this place.’”
When Bercow asked if that was because he was Jewish or working class, the lawmaker responded “both.”

Good to see that the UK is resisting the hard-left tankie foreign policy of . . . [checks notes] . . . Joe Biden, and continues to sell hardware to the brave . . . [it's here somewhere] . . . House of Saud, for the noble purpose of . . . [mumbles] . . . relentlessly killing the starving population of Yemen.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As long as we have an advisor / technician / (only slightly military) instructor in the room, we’re probably stopping them doing much worse stuff.

We’re the good guys here.

The key is our 'strict licensing requirements', you see, which allow us to state with confidence that the famously rule-abiding Saudis don't use any weapons in a way that contravenes international law. Well, apart from the 'isolated incidents' of airstrikes that breach humanitarian law, in the words of Liam Fox. And of course we don't need to pay any attention to those lily-livered UN pussies with their statements that countries arming parties to the conflict are 'aiding and assisting' 'documented patterns' of humanitarian law violations.

• Like 1

Here it comes.... The Torygraph is reporting that the Treasury is considering halting the already proposed increases to the personal income tax allowances that should have come into effect in April, to attempt to claw back £6bil

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here it comes.... The Torygraph is reporting that the Treasury is considering halting the already proposed increases to the personal income tax allowances that should have come into effect in April, to attempt to claw back £6bil

Tax payer has to foot the bill for the magic money tree somehow. 

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

A move that disproportionately affects lower rate taxpayers? I never.

There were rumours of CGT personal allowance cuts, I don't expect to see that happen. 

• Like 1

Â