The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Does anyone else get the yougov surveys?

This is today’s

Today we are going to review Johnson's time in power...
725b19a3-664e-4a36-b701-6ee2d092e76e.jpg
Overall, would you say Boris Johnson is a strong or weak leader? 
👎Weak 
Latest results show...📊
  • 👎Weak 

73%
  • 💪Strong

22%
  • 🤔Not sure

4%
Is he a likeable leader?
😖No
Live results show... 🔻
  • 😖No

69%
  • 😀Yes

28%
  • 🤔Not sure

3%
Boris Johnson has been Prime Minister now since July 2019. Would you say he has been a decisive leader during that time? 👀
❌No, he's not
The verdict is... 👇
  • ❌No, he's not

77%
  • ✅Yes, he is

19%
  • 🤔Not sure

4%
Has he been a trustworthy leader? 🤝
Not at all 
Others said...💬
  • Not at all 

72%
  • Yes, he has

14%
  • Sometimes

13%
  • Not sure

1%
Let's move on to Johnson's handling of the big issues...
aa8cfd5a-dd9f-47ca-9590-7bd9c88e80e3.jpg
Do you think that Johnson’s Govt. has done everything it reasonably could to protect the public from COVID-19?
❌It has not
Others said...
  • ✅It has

21%
  • ❌It has not

79%
And how much confidence, if any, do you have in Johnson to make the right decisions when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak?
Not very much
Chat users said the amount of confidence they have in Johnson is...  👀
  • None at all 

53%
  • Not very much

25%
  • Fair amount 

12%
  • A lot 

11%
8981099e-521e-4dd3-89b5-80488aeef8dd.jpg
Boris secured an EU trade deal at the end of last year. 📑
Do you think Boris Johnson handled Brexit well or badly?
👎Badly
Latest results show... 📊
  • 👎Badly

72%
  • 👍Well

25%
  • 🤔Not sure

4%
6f115219-764a-4820-baf9-ee8ee3be2421.jpg
One of Boris’ pledges in the 2019 general election was to 'level up' the UK economy...
Do you approve of the way Johnson has been handling the UK economy?
👎 Disapprove 
Live results show... 👇
  • 👎 Disapprove 

75%
  • 👍 Approve

25%
a4102061-aa5f-478f-8172-63f0409101e5.jpg
Another pledge was reaching "Net Zero by 2050" with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure to reduce carbon emissions and pollution...
When it comes to trying to reduce carbon emissions and pollution, do you think the UK government is doing…? 🌍
Not enough
Others thing the government is doing...💬
  • Not enough

63%
  • About right

19%
  • Too much

10%
  • Not sure

7%
Do you have any final comments about Boris Johnson? (What could he have done better? What should he focus on next?) Type your thoughts in the box below ✍️

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good answers there @Genie, think I'd have put the same for all :D

I was surprised just how many people agreed, in summary 75% of the people doing the survey think he’s an idiot.

I was a bit out of kilter with the “how much confidence do you have that he will make the right decisions about coronavirus” question, I generously said “not very much” (25%) where the majority (53%) had gone with none at all :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was surprised just how many people agreed, in summary 75% of the people doing the survey think he’s an idiot.

I was a bit out of kilter with the “how much confidence do you have that he will make the right decisions about coronavirus” question, I generously said “not very much” (25%) where the majority (53%) had gone with none at all :lol: 

I think they majorly struggle to get representative samples for these surveys. Your answers will probably get about 1/10 of the weighting of someone who actually put 'good'!

I think your answer to that particular question was right, correctly reflecting that they have gotten most things horribly wrong, but that the government - perhaps more specifically Hancock, if chatter is to be believed - clearly got one big thing right in the vaccine program.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think they majorly struggle to get representative samples for these surveys. Your answers will probably get about 1/10 of the weighting of someone who actually put 'good'!

I think your answer to that particular question was right, correctly reflecting that they have gotten most things horribly wrong, but that the government - perhaps more specifically Hancock, if chatter is to be believed - clearly got one big thing right in the vaccine program.

Indeed. I'd really like a breakdown of those votes by the party the participants voted for at the last election.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

I'd hang Cummings for just having the cheek to make a statement as contained in the PDF and expect it to be taken seriously

I'm just waiting for the inevitable email evidence to come out to say that he is telling complete lies

:popcorn:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

FOI exempt is not the same as oversight free.

This is very true, and there are legitimate reasons to not want to make our research public. It's hard not to be sceptical when siphoning off public funds seems to be the entire reason this lot are in government, though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's hard not to be sceptical when siphoning off public funds seems to be the entire reason this lot are in government, though. 

Of course. Though to an extent, they do that in full view, with much larger sums.

And this is good news too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56125796

The High Court must overturn Boris Johnson's decision that Home Secretary Priti Patel did not breach government rules on behaviour, a union says.

The prime minister decided not to sack Ms Patel last year after a report found evidence of "bullying" and "some occasions of shouting and swearing".

One day we may even see some sort of accountability for the actions of the current government - for now, it's just nice to know that the media are still comfortable in reminding us that the issues exist.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462

That has to be a good start I think. I have a feeling it will take twenty years before we fully know how much public money this government stole in the chaos of the pandemic, but it's nice to know that there are people fighting for that now.

Incidentally, isn't this the kind of thing Ministers used to resign over?

I wonder when actions will have consequences again? 

Â