The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

She has a two year old and a six month old. All this talk about them splitting up is just a bunch of guff brewed up because she’s been at home with the kids and has not been able to get out to public engagements as much as she used to.

Having had small kids myself I know the struggle 😫

I'd imagine an ex head of communications for the Conservative party lives her life in a far more calculated way than you or your wife. If she hasn't been papped for months it's because she specifically doesn't want to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd imagine an ex head of communications for the Conservative party lives her life in a far more calculated way than you or your wife. If she hasn't been papped for months it's because she specifically doesn't want to.

Quite, it was also quite telling that she didn't go to the Polling Station with him for the elections the other week. That one is almost an unwritten rule

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Quite, it was also quite telling that she didn't go to the Polling Station with him for the elections the other week. That one is almost an unwritten rule

Essentially that it the crux of where this rumour has come from. If they didn’t have small children I’d say definitely something was up but with a baby and a toddler at home there is certainly room for a reasonable explanation.

39 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Essentially that it the crux of where this rumour has come from. If they didn’t have small children I’d say definitely something was up but with a baby and a toddler at home there is certainly room for a reasonable explanation.

It’s a fair point, knowing the Johnson family record on shagging the help, I’m sure Carrie has decided to just do everything herself and is probably just filling her days with putting old fashioned reusable nappies on the radiators and clothes horse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a fair point, knowing the Johnson family record on shagging the help, I’m sure Carrie has decided to just do everything herself and is probably just filling her days with putting old fashioned reusable nappies on the radiators and clothes horse.

😁

Maybe it’s just my own experience coming through but my eldest was a difficult baby and very ‘mummy’ dependant until he was about 3. Even being left with a grandparent was an ordeal and a babysitter was out of the question. Who knows what it’s like with their kids but in my mind it’s a possible explanation for why she’s not as available for the media at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

All of course previously owned by us before the Tories sold off our assets. I am sure they, their family/friends/donors have done very nicely out of it all though. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is this the one drugging people and licking their nipples? Or the one arrested for rape? Or is this another one?

Nah, just a random councillor.  If you moved from the MPs to just "people who identify as Tories" the sex offender wings of prisons would probably need to be expanded to house tens of thousands of people. 

Interesting to see stories being reported, considering there was a lot of ammo that could have ruined the chances of the Tories getting elected in 2019, but they all ran with 'Antisemitism is rife in the Labour party' instead. Even though there was evidence to show the Tory party had more of a problem, more issues with Islamophobia, sexism, racism and more. All ignored because newspapers might get taxed, we might get free broadband and Nurses won't be forced to use foodbanks.

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I must be missing something, but why did Number 10 need to let this become a story?

Had they just said "of course the Prime Minister made himself available to Sue Gray, with the expectation that she would have questions for him, questions which he was very happy to answer for her" - surely nobody bats an eyelid and this bit of the story dies?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I must be missing something, but why did Number 10 need to let this become a story?

Had they just said "of course the Prime Minister made himself available to Sue Gray, with the expectation that she would have questions for him, questions which he was very happy to answer for her" - surely nobody bats an eyelid and this bit of the story dies?

That was my initial thought too, they were not banned from speaking to each other.

Now it looks dodgy and shady.

22 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

This meeting is after the report has been written though isn't it? I was under the impression that it was last month after even some of the initial fines had been handed out

How did the idea that this meeting took place come out in the first place? (I genuinely don't know)

One thing is for sure, the culture of lying from 10 Downing St hasn't changed and I think at this stage that is the most important thing to note here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

This meeting is after the report has been written though isn't it? I was under the impression that it was last month after even some of the initial fines had been handed out

You could be right. But then, if this meeting is happening after the report there can't really be much of a suggestion that they were putting pressure on her regarding the contents, no?

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You could be right. But then, if this meeting is happening after the report there can't really be much of a suggestion that they were putting pressure on her regarding the contents, no?

Well, my thought on that was redactions maybe? Though there is a suggestion about the use of photographs but that may fall under the same general banner I guess

Â