The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I absolutely refuse to watch it. Having lived through it I have no desire to watch a repeat.

I refused to watch it because I got the impression it was very pro Boris. I have no idea how I reached that conclusion though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I refused to watch it because I got the impression it was very pro Boris. I have no idea how I reached that conclusion though.

Exactly why I've avoided it too.  I'm interested now though.

Edited by Wainy316

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It is quite kind to him apparently. It was also made prior to everything coming out about partygate/it being one big jolly up in Downing Street. Basically it is not a true reflection. 

24 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is quite kind to him apparently. It was also made prior to everything coming out about partygate/it being one big jolly up in Downing Street. Basically it is not a true reflection. 

I just finished watching it - it doesn't particularly have an angle, just follows the timeline from the perspective of those in power next to those who were suffering and the contrast between the two is very stark - which in itself is quite damning. As others have said though, too soon, partygate would have changed its entire complexion, let alone what any future inquiry will show.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it’s presented that way I think, I took the same impression from the advertising. Just the fact that someone as well regarded as Branagh playing him put me off, gives him far more credence than he deserves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Is anti growth coalition their new jibe they are trying to get to stick?

Also said without any irony or self recognition. 

It's also terrible politics, as unless you're somebody who pays a lot of attention (and if you are one of those people, then you know it's a daft and deeply hypocritical claim that they're making) then you're not going to have the first clue what it means. 

It sounds like a verruca treatment. Or possibly a tongue-in-cheek hip-hop supergroup. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

Â