Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We are 4 points off safety with 28 games to play.

trouble is of those 28 games the next batch are almost unwinnable . 4 points from the initial easier games. That's probably why people think we are down 

And there are some really bad teams down here with us, as there are every year, just as capable of going on such a run.

I think we are in really bad shape. But ready to throw in the towel? That's madness. I want no part of it!

• Like 4

We are 4 points off safety with 28 games to play.

trouble is of those 28 games the next batch are almost unwinnable . 4 points from the initial easier games. That's probably why people think we are down 

Yes the question is how many points will we be adrift after the next three games? 

I think we are in really bad shape. But ready to throw in the towel? That's madness. I want no part of it!

Well said. I have never seen it in the make up of an Aston Villa fan to throw the towel in to be honest with you. As a collective it is not in our make up is it and it is certainly not in mine.

We have been crap no doubt about that but there are a number of poor teams in this division and I am confident come full time on May 15th 2016 there will be at least three sides sitting below us in the table.

We can't change what has gone before we can only change what is in front of us and I fully intend to play my part as an Aston Villa supporter in backing the players and the new manager whoever that may be. We are Aston Villa fans ffs and how lucky are we to be able to say that. Don't throw the towels in boys and girls it is not what we do.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

It's irrelevant how many points were adrift we need to get 34 points or above to stay up that should be the target

If we hit that mark we should stay up look at Leicester last season for example

Edited by AshVilla

How are we ten points behind a deeply mediocre Albion side already? Cheez. Going to be a long season. Again.

A deeply mediocre side with a mediocre, unimaginative, but fairly competent manager might - just possibly - outperform a mediocre team with a clueless, wildly clutching at straws manager. No? Long season again? Fully agree. 

(btw: I just realised that my sig line describes the Lerner era to a T)

Edited by TB
sig line comment

For me us Bournemouth and Norwich look the most likely to go down. Newcastle will come good they have the players, Sunderland Big Sam safety net. If you take the 2 NE clubs out of the equation, beyond Bournemouth and Norwich, you can't really give a genuine argument for any other team to go down other than us.

I've not given up, but pragmatically this is how I see it.  

• Like 2

For me us Bournemouth and Norwich look the most likely to go down. Newcastle will come good they have the players, Sunderland Big Sam safety net. If you take the 2 NE clubs out of the equation, beyond Bournemouth and Norwich, you can't really give a genuine argument for any other team to go down other than us.

I've not given up, but pragmatically this is how I see it.  

I agree with Norwich and Bournemouth but regarding Newcastle they always find a way to implode even with very good players and they are playing well and not picking up points is not a good sign.

im soooo confident we will win tomorrow. Not sure why. Just have this feeling. Last time i had that was against Liverpool in the FA CUP Semi Final.

I doubt it. Spurs would have to be colossally poor, we would whave to play football, we would have to avoid errors and not choke under pressure. Add in not conceiding in the last 10minutes. We would have to hold on to a lead or be able to equalize if we're down. I have no confidence we'll achieve any of this tomorrow. Here's hoping though..

We've played mediocre teams and got one win. We've played teams in poor form and their only win in xxx number of games has come against Us and they then revert back to bad form.  We can't win a game at home ,  we go a goal behind and you can forget any kind of result other than a defeat. We can't score and our defence makes us crave for the return to the first team of senderos. On top of that we have a run of games now where we'll be lucky to get three corners and a new manager coming into the club who I will support but whose main claim to the job seems to be he can speak French . Well sacre bleu. 

The little bit of optimism I have left says well if Leicester could do it why couldn't we. The realist says wea are **** and I'm just hoping we get past the 19 point mark.

• Like 2

We're beyond the point where scrapping a few points will save us IMO. We need to go on a run of games where we're the better team and get the job done well.

It's hard to see it happening, but let's hope the new manager is able to get the best out of the squad. I believe the talent is there.

Our cards are marked though. Unless we have a pretty significant change across the club, if it's not this year it'll be next.

Â