Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I hadn't watched the table until today. Jesus Christ, we are going down aren't we? I'm usually the "it's a lot of games to play" type, but wow. This is a pretty deep hole we're in.

• Like 1

Jesus must be the shortest premier league campaign ever seeing as we are already dead and buried! Which other teams have joined us? I'll ask for a refund as I paid for 19 home games and have seen only 4 . Looked at the table and not much has changed. Still only 5 points off 16th and 7 behind Chelsea but all is lost it seems. Baggies lost as Leicester made another fight back so proves its not just us that capitulate. Still in the mix to get out of trouble and we have enough games left to do it. I'll try and dig out the Samaritans phone number it may help to talk to someone and put your minds at ease. 

Good thing is this amazing Newcastle team everyone on here keeps telling me about couldn't win a home game today...good news that as to me they dont have the spirit to dig in and get points on the road...just one away point so far which was a fluke one at Old Trafford.

Just had a look at the fixtures and they also play Leicester, Liverpool, Palace and Spurs before they play us so I reckon they'll still be down there with us before we meet on December 19th.

To me the bottom 3 is coming from us, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth and Sunderland.

Just can't see anyone else being involved although of course always one seemingly safe mid table team drops like a stone in second half of the season.

Good thing is this amazing Newcastle team everyone on here keeps telling me about couldn't win a home game today...good news that as to me they dont have the spirit to dig in and get points on the road...just one away point so far which was a fluke one at Old Trafford.

Just had a look at the fixtures and they also play Leicester, Liverpool, Palace and Spurs before they play us so I reckon they'll still be down there with us before we meet on December 19th.

To me the bottom 3 is coming from us, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth and Sunderland.

Just can't see anyone else being involved although of course always one seemingly safe mid table team drops like a stone in second half of the season.

Well at least there's one win in there for them then:ph34r:

I switch between thinking we've had such a bad start that we won't be able to catch up to thinking we are only 4 points off with a ton of football to be played. Any kind of new manager bounce and sensible team selection should see us at least be in the fight. 

Positive, sensible thinking - I like it.

• Like 1

28 games still to play, yes we only have 4 points from 30 but we are no way down and out. There are 84 points left to play for, looking at previous tables 33 and your down, 37 and you have a fighting chance 43 and your safe. 37 points is 12 more wins or 9 wins 9 draws, which taking into account new manager bounce and having a team set out with a purpose I am confident we can get. Yes so far this season has been dog toffee at best, the fact remains Norwich are on 9 points in 16th place only a couple of wins above us, I truely believe we can drag ourselves out of it, we are in a mini league of  Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich. Sunderland although have fat Sam but after a few games I don't think have the players capable keeping them clear, Newcastle are a confidence team and hopefully will keep themselves in battle, norwich, Watford and Bournemouth I feel don't have enough to sustain an average of 1 to 1.5 points per game. I would take 17th place secured after 37 games with the right man in charge, we are not that far away from a mid table team (midfield enforcer and poacher), support and believe :) UTV

We are 4 points off safety with 28 games to play.

trouble is of those 28 games the next batch are almost unwinnable . 4 points from the initial easier games. That's probably why people think we are down 

trouble is of those 28 games the next batch are almost unwinnable . 4 points from the initial easier games. That's probably why people think we are down 

No games are unwinnable( or even almost), not for one minute am I saying we should be beating Spurs, man city et al but the nature of the premiership beast is it throws up crazy results, one win against a team where 9 times out of 10 we would lose can do crazy things., odds say we are due some sort of freak result and that could spark something... we cant constantly be the team everyone beats.......

Edited by TonyDaley

Another way of putting that is that the gap between us and safety is 100% of our total points.

True.

But then our points total right now is so low that it's almost impossible to envisage it continuing at this rate.

Â