Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

IF we went down, who would you keep out of the current squad? Or is the better question, who would you get rid of?

Lose:

Guzan

Nzog

Gabby

Hutton

Bacuna

Kozak

Gestede

Sinclair

the issue will be keeping hold of the ones who have done well (relatively speaking), those players like veretout, ayew, Gana, will they want to stick around for a Saturday Tuesday every week games? I doubt it very much

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd keep gestede as well, but only because we'd be in the Championship, and only as a Plan B

Coming off the bench has does look better but I don't want him as our main striker.

To me keeping him depends on how big his wages and potential fee we could get for him are. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here next season.

Yep, don't want him as the main striker.

Direct play is generally more successful in the Championship (But I'd still rather that's not how we play primarily) so he'd probably be more of an asset.

I wouldn't renew anyone's contract (for those up in the summer) and I would allow anyone who wants to go to leave, provided we get a sensible bid.

We need to completely rebuild now, no patch jobs, I can accept a season or two in the wilderness if we can put the club back on to a course and platform which will benefit us for decades to come.

30 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wouldn't renew anyone's contract (for those up in the summer) and I would allow anyone who wants to go to leave, provided we get a sensible bid.

We need to completely rebuild now, no patch jobs, I can accept a season or two in the wilderness if we can put the club back on to a course and platform which will benefit us for decades to come.

Run the risk of another season like this if we clear whole squad dont fancy that. I think if we can keep core of team together and add 3-4 players I think we have a very good chance coming back up.

There wont be many takers for many of these players anyway for the money we want so I cant see many leaving unless their is minimum release fee clauses if we went down

If we did come up at first attempt I would then sell Rudy as clearly not good enough at premier league level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We completely rebuilt last summer. Keep the good ones like Ayew regardless of bids get rid of the crap who've milked us for years. We would only need a couple of signings that is of course if we sign some this window!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

IF we went down, who would you keep out of the current squad? Or is the better question, who would you get rid of?

I would keep every last one of them. Relegation is not a magical place where your costs go down, highly paid crap players leave and you can recruit better ones.

Your revenue collapses, the good players leave and you can only recruit the dregs of players who have already been turned down by the bottom placed Premier league clubs.

We are not going to get better players than the ones we have after this window is gone, which is why this window is so vital. That and Garde will probably walk if he continues to be starved of any signings.

So keep em all, we wont be able to recruit any better in the Championship.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Depends on who is part of the core.

If we can keep the Jordan's maybe that gives a platform to start the rebuild.

Could we get a starting 11 of Jordan's?

Keep.

Bunn (as back up)

Okore

Bacuna ( for attitude and versatility rather than quality)

Cissokho ( see Bacuna)

Amavi #

Veretout #

Gana  #

Ayew #

Adama ( my boy has his name in his shirt)

Westwood 

Gil #

Kozak ( Plan B )

I'd be happy to see everyone else binned.

# = Not sure we will be able to keep hold of these after relegation. 

44 minutes ago, davemk39 said:

I can see remi get a few arsenal loanees if we are in the championship.

We are struggling to get one while we are in the Premiership ;)

Â