Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

5 minutes ago, useless said:

We don't need to 'do a Leicester' at this stage. Just keep getting the odd win and the odd draw and we'll eventually close the gap.

Yes but we are going to loose a few games as well, with tough fixtures ahead and the gap will widen further. 

We're going to lose a few games that's impossible to avoid, but so will every other team in the division. We just have to hope our relegation rivals lose more than we do. It would be nice to win ten games on the bounce, but it isn't our only hope.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

If we sign a top striker, then I think we'll survive. If not, survival is still possible but less likely.

We need to average nearly 1.7 pts a game in our last 15 games. I admire your optimism but that is extremely unlikely even if we signed Luis Suarez

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

You've clearly missed my point. If you read my post I referred to when Leicester were on their "unbeaten" run not when they were at the end of January. We're currently on an unbeaten run in the league (albeit a small one) but we're not winning enough or even looking like winning games without a huge slice of luck. Leicester were winning games when they were on their unbeaten run and playing very well as well. Ahem. 

I did miss your point then yes. 

In which case, is drawing games not better than losing them? It doesn't automatically stand to reason that this is as good as it gets and that we will lose the next five. We might, but we stand a better chance not to playing as we are than how we were. 

Finding form, of any kind, is a start. Too late? Maybe. If Everton win tomorrow the gap is down to 9. A point a game, on average, will see us safe. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We need to average nearly 1.7 pts a game in our last 15 games. I admire your optimism but that is extremely unlikely even if we signed Luis Suarez

5 points in the last 3 (1.66 PPG)

With a striker, as he said, it could quite easily have been 9. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

it's time to close this thread. It's over as is our premiership status. PLEASE!

UTV  the only way to go now!!!!!!

We haven't been in the premiership since 2007

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

a top striker like who?

Benteke, Remi, Adebayor, Rhodes or countless other names from the world of football. It's not for me to decide who, but I'm sure there are plenty of strikers out there who'd be willing to sign for us, even if only until the end of the season. The only thing stopping us from signing a decent striker is the club trying, now's the time to be aggressive in the transfer market.

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

8 wins and 7 losses would get us 37 pts wouldn't it - that is not impossible with a good run in.  Whether it will be enough is in the hands of the footballing Gods.

The way form and results have gone this year I don't really see any game as unwinnable

1 hour ago, Chewie said:

EYctzV7.png

Not 100% scientifically accurate, but it is somewhat possible for the league to still flip on it's head and us win it ;)

Was looking for something like this yesterday :P they should stick it up in the tunnel on match day 

• Like 1

Â