Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I don't understand your point? We really need Everton to best Swansea. IF that happens, we gained a point.

Dave my point is that people have been going on about all we need to do is worry about our results we don't need help from anyone else and that is quite obviously utter bollocks. Not only do we need to win games we need others to lose and we need them to happen at the same time. Look at yesterday we had some fortune in other results for a change and failed to capitalise. Not only do we need those other results but I order to get true momentum we need to be winning at the same time. 

Ok.

Then I disagree to an extent. I think a point a game, at this stage, is significant enough that a draw is helpful towards the end goal.

Also, I think that it's a bit harsh to laugh at people who hold a different opinion to you. I'm maybe guilty of that in the past myself, but usually only when that opinion is absurd. This one, is not that.

Yes we need wins, though at the very core of that is the need for points. A point is a point, no matter how much you sniff at it they won't take it away.

I think we will be at least 15 points from safety at the end of the season. Other teams fight and have a bit of quality. We have nothing to offer and are going down with a a very low points tally as a result.

Edited by One For The Road

The mentality of football will come into it now , we are getting to point where some teams hanging around midtable know they are safe and know won't make europe so their intensity will drop.Also our position now will lead some teams into thinking it will be an easy game and again come in with wrong attitude and we can take advantage , whilst we can still do something mathematically the team still has something to fight for and will give us an edge in some games.

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ta.

I recall Campbell being shit, Chaplow played 4 games (I checked, sado that I am). Richardson kept them up though didn't he.

Campbell was actually quite good in his first half a season there, he made a decent impact although didn't score that many, but gave them genuine presence and hold-up ability up front.

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who?

He was highly rated at the time playing for Burnley, technically good midfielder. Ended up having a fairly solid championship career, just checked and he's still 'only' 30 years old. He's playing for Doncaster at the moment. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was highly rated at the time playing for Burnley, technically good midfielder. Ended up having a fairly solid championship career, just checked and he's still 'only' 30 years old. He's playing for Doncaster at the moment. 

Thanks. It's honestly pretty rare for me to read the name of a PL player and for it to ring no bells at all. If he's only 30 now, he can only have been, what, 18 when he signed? Must have been a promising youth player. 

Teams above have some tough fixtures in February especially Sunderland. Should be a chance to close the gap, I think we need at least 4 points from the next two, although it's really time we stood up for ourselves and got a couple of wins on the bounce.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Teams above have some tough fixtures in February especially Sunderland. Should be a chance to close the gap, I think we need at least 4 points from the next two, although it's really time we stood up for ourselves and got a couple of wins on the bounce.

6 points in two games would be a wet dream right about now. IF we get a striker in it could easily become a reality. Hopefully we will see something before the window closes.

• Like 1

It's encouraging that West Brom stayed up from having 13 points at this stage in 04/05.

What's less encouraging is the fact that they were only five points off 17th at that stage, compared with our 10, and scraped up by one point after Norwich, Palace and Southampton all had dreadful run-ins. Got a feeling that is pretty nearly the lowest number of points on which a team has survived in the 20-club premier league.

The chances of this being replicated this season seem a bit remote.

Thinking about the West Brom great escape, I recall the club putting on free coaches to get fans to away matches. Apparently the increased support helped the team. Do we think the same might happen if Villa provided free coaches? And can anyone imagine Lerner actually doing something like that?

Just now, Villanun said:

Thinking about the West Brom great escape, I recall the club putting on free coaches to get fans to away matches. Apparently the increased support helped the team. Do we think the same might happen if Villa provided free coaches? And can anyone imagine Lerner actually doing something like that?

After what we saw against Wycombe I'd advise the club NOT to do that to be honest.

Â