Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Yeah while I thought we would lose 1-0 so can't really complain we did better but to stay up we simply have to win on weekends like this.

Pretty much every other result went for us today....Norwich lost and surely in the manner they did will knock the stuffing out of them for a good few weeks (good news as we've got them in two weeks) the relegation 6 pointer at Sunderland ending in a draw so derived both of 2 points and this "great" Newcastle team some are already declaring safe on this forum lost yet another away game.

Still think we'll do well to clear 30 points this season.

One thing I would say though....since the defensive shambles of Everton and Watford we have conceded 11 goals in 9 league games. For a bottom of the table team that is very good going so Remi has done well there as it at least gives us a base to get points.

Even more reason to slaughter the board as who can Fox and co watch this and think we don't need a new striker, we are toothless upfront and simply won't win enough games with the personnel upfront.

• Like 3

The reason we won't be making a great escape is because when Leics were unbeaten last season they were winning games and at best we muster up draws. We have got better at not losing but we never look like scoring and without anyone who will give everything they've got to get into the box and stick the ball in the net we won't change that.

Seeing Naismith and Austin score today just shows the return you get when you invest in quality. 

Edited by roonst83

The reason we won't be making a great escape is because when Leics were unbeaten last season they were winning games and at best we muster up draws. We have got better at not losing but we never look like scoring and without anyone who will give everything they've got to get into the box and stick the ball in the net we won't change that.

Seeing Naismith and Austin score today just shows the return you get when you invest in quality. 

Leicester didn't start winning games until 9 games from the end. Before that they were playing well but not getting results... Ahem...

41 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Leicester didn't start winning games until 9 games from the end. Before that they were playing well but not getting results... Ahem...

And to be fair, that didn't start until after the run of "Leicester were unlucky to not get 3 points there" games. The commentators aren't quite saying that about Villa yet, but I think with three peno shouts in two games, the fans are... somewhat.

Then again, we are so devoid of any attacking threat that it'll simply be glossed over if Man City handsomely knock us out the cup and West Ham bring us back down to the cold scorched earth in the Premier League. 

Edit: For some bizarre reason I've just said the exact same thing as you, despite quoting with the plan to build on it. It's 5:30am, I'm off to bed :) 

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Massive lol, huge great chuffing massive lol

Laugh if it makes you feel better.  But, to me, fixing the striker problem would give us a chance of staying in the richest league in the world.  Recent performances suggest we can control games and play well enough, but we lack an attaching threat;  buying a striker can go a long way towards helping fix that particular problem. We have a couple of executives whose job is to weigh risk against reward and make shrewd investments based on those evaluations.  It is a no-brainier that this team is crying out for a striker – we are starved of an essential resource we need to be competitive.  Getting that right ‘could’ save the club and generate massive reward for little risk – we go down, we sell the striker, no great loss.  So yes, they have 9 days to step up and actually lead this club.  To make some meaningful decisions and take action.  What we have to ask ourselves is whether Hollis will see it this way.  My fear is no.  He has took this job on the basis that we are probably going into the championship, so for him to go and ask for funds now would be a risk for him (personally); even if it is the right thing to do.  Not doing so is the safer and easier option for him.  So again, step up, grow a pair, do the right thing for the club and get us bloody striker whatever it takes.  That would be a shake-up we would all buy into.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You've clearly missed my point. If you read my post I referred to when Leicester were on their "unbeaten" run not when they were at the end of January. We're currently on an unbeaten run in the league (albeit a small one) but we're not winning enough or even looking like winning games without a huge slice of luck. Leicester were winning games when they were on their unbeaten run and playing very well as well. Ahem. 

Yes Leicester had players who could put the ball in the back of the net we don't. Basically in the last 3 games we have scored two fluke goals. Yes we have had penalty appeals, but all teams have them.  For that reason we won't do a Leicester.

Â