Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

we'd still be four points short of 17th, with just 14 games (many tricky) to go. That's not my definition of "right back in the mix".

So if 4pts off with 42 to play for isn't your definiton of 'right back in the mix', what is ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

People said the same thing about the Norwich/Sunderland/Newcastle games over Xmas and look how they turned out. Straws. Clutching.

They did indeed.  Form.  Improving.

• Like 3

I'd be hugely confident of staying up if we were just 4 points off 17th with 14 games to play...even 10 games as we'd have won further games to close the gap so would have momentum and more winning feeling in our group and looking at our fixture list we have several winnable games in April (Watford, Southampton, Bournemouth).

Trouble is can we get to that stage as even when we win a game like v Palace other clubs suddenly start winning again like Newcastle and Bournemouth so think we won't close the gap enough and then run out of games.

I think we're due a great escape tho. Sunderland and Leicester managed it n they were poor beforehand. If Sunderland can get one after the season they had with DI canio and poyet then why can't we?

Wishful thinking, but if the gods of fate had any heart then they'd give us this one. Might just be the kick up the arse the club needs

1 hour ago, BOF said:

So if 4pts off with 42 to play for isn't your definiton of 'right back in the mix', what is ?

I would probably break the site rules if I answered this fulsomely, so I will leave you to speculate.

Talking of speculation, it's worth having a glance at the rest of my post, which you have redacted, which tries to explain the level of probability of us even getting to this position in two games time.

Not worth discussing further until game 24 weekend is over.

4 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

19 points in 29 is what Leicester had last season with a 7 point gap, I think we could get to that if we keep improving 

yes but the problem is I think it be more than 7 points gap if we get 19 in 29 games though

19 points in 29 is what Leicester had last season with a 7 point gap, I think we could get to that if we keep improving 

yes but the problem is I think it be more than 7 points gap if we get 19 in 29 games though

Definitely. If we only get 7 points in the next 7 games then forget it.

I'm more worried about form and momentum right now than I am the points gap. A lot can happen in 16 games, it's quite a lot of football to be played, if we can continue to build a head of steam. Less so in 9 games, so the next 7 or so are going to make and break it once and for all IMO.

If the gap is 5 or less by that time, we have a shot.

• Like 1

I would probably break the site rules if I answered this fulsomely, so I will leave you to speculate.

Talking of speculation, it's worth having a glance at the rest of my post, which you have redacted, which tries to explain the level of probability of us even getting to this position in two games time.

Not worth discussing further until game 24 weekend is over.

The likelihood of getting to there is very slim. Your comment about being in the mix however was about once we got there. Not whether we'd get there. Which is why I asked the question that I knew wouldn't be answered.

Our biggest problem is that,already it is out of our hands.We have to depend on other clubs dropping points while we pick up points ?!

That's how it works when you want to overtake somebody.

One thing I've been thinking overnight is that we are only 3 games in to the second half of the season. We've won 1 drawn 1 and lost 1 of those 3 games. 16 games is a serious slog and not just for ourselves.

Game at a time. Win today please.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Lose bad today and I am well and truly throwing the towel in. Win good though and I am humming the great escape theme tune!

Make sure the towel is clean

The money they paid for Naismith is imo ridiculous, but if he scores enough to keep them in the league it is worth it 10 times over.

Too bad our owner hasn't seen it like that since we signed Bent

Â