Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Things look very bad at the moment, and there is a good chance that we will go down, but come on...nobody is nailed on to go down at this point of the season. Others will have dreadful runs of form, and we may find a purple patch of form at some point who knows. If we are cut adrift still at January then I will agree with you and think we are nailed on to go down.

The longer we leave Sherwood in charge the chance of us getting relegated gets bigger and bigger

If we get rid of him after the Swansea game and have some kind of caretaker period then that's more time wasted

If he goes he has to go soon with a successor moved in immediately

Xmas will decide everything I think....it sort of did last season. We were actually on a decent run under Lambert, think we were 12th after drawing with Man. United on December 20th and then of course we had our infamous can't score won't score run against mediocre teams that cost him his job.

We need a competant manager in charge by then as we have a run of fixtures against mostly bottom half teams for about 8 weeks.

I still believe there will be no changes in manager until at least February. Firstly that would mean Sherwood would have survived nearly a year (still short for a Villa manager on average) and overseen approximately 40 games (still amongst lowest we've ever had from a manager) but, most crucially, it'll mean any new manager would not be able to ask for cash as transfer window would be closed.

I still believe there will be no changes in manager until at least February. Firstly that would mean Sherwood would have survived nearly a year (still short for a Villa manager on average) and overseen approximately 40 games (still amongst lowest we've ever had from a manager) but, most crucially, it'll mean any new manager would not be able to ask for cash as transfer window would be closed.

No chance, too much in the press about new managers, there has been a leak from boardroom level somewhere. Sherwood is on very borrowed time here.

The only time I remember so much speculation and the manager not being sacked was a couple of times when Gregory was here..I remember he said Ellis was stuck in a timewarp one season and somehow hung on for another year. How? He started winning football matches again so that would be good advice to Sherwood if he still knows how to which dosen't look very likely.

Edited by VillaChris

I think the idea that the clubwould employ Sherwood, despite awful results, until February just so they could avoid spending any money is absolute hokum to be honest.

• Like 1

I think the idea that the clubwould employ Sherwood, despite awful results, until February just so they could avoid spending any money is absolute hokum to be honest.

It certainly is. 

The club really does deserve relegation. After 5 years of it our aim is   still to just stay in the premier league. Fair enough if you're a club like Wigan, but for a club of our size and the resources available to us it is nothing short of disgraceful. The mentality at the club is so unbelievably small time.

Gents,

Please do not wish relegation on my club because its owned and run by trained chimps! 

If we go down then the chimps will be swinging off the lights for a few more years.

Thanks.

Edited by Kingman

One things for sure, we will be bottom of the league for Swansea game IMO, all this goes to show, any club can decline given the right circumstances, poor leadership from the top , no heart. Its a sad day for us all UTV 

Were down

I see nothing from this side to suggest we will be playing prem football next season

We look like a relegated side already zero luck countless mistakes clueless manager the worst cocktail

QPR played better than we currently are last season and went down they also had a goalscorer 

• Like 2

No doubt in my mind that this is the year. For the last few years we've just replaced players that aren't good enough with new players who aren't good enough. We've also replaced managers who perform shit with another manager who somehow out does them. We're an incredible shambles of a club and 100% deserve to suffer in the championship next season. 

Every player, all recent shit managers and especially the owner can get ****. 

Honestly if we could just get relegated now so we don't have to watch this shower of shit play another game this season i would take can't explain how nice this last 2 weeks has been with no prem football. In all honesty im starting to lose all interest in football all together.

TBH last year we didn't deserve to stay up there is no way back for us I just look at the fixtures we have got and dont even see where we will get a draw.

The last few seasons have really hurt and I never thought my love and passion for this club could be knocked but im now at a point where I can't even be bothered to watch us play and this club does not deserve the money us fans put in to it.

• Like 1

Â