Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We have Newcastle as our last home game of the season. Should be a laugh for their fans considering the stick we gave them.

And before anyone says that they're below us, look at the fixtures they've had compared to us.

We have played 3 of the current top 4

not like we have had an easy run ourselves compared to what people think

We have Newcastle as our last home game of the season. Should be a laugh for their fans considering the stick we gave them.

And before anyone says that they're below us, look at the fixtures they've had compared to us.

We have played 3 of the current top 4

not like we have had an easy run ourselves compared to what people think

Newcastle have played Citeh, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United. All the top sides. We have played one. Unless you're deluded enough to be counting Leicester, Palace and Liverpool as top sides 

• Like 1

Well 8 games is a fair reflection to say that Leicester and Palace are in better form than Chelsea and arguably Arsenal at the moment

So in two weeks you're telling me you'd rather be playing Chelsea than Norwich, Watford or West ham? Don't make me laugh 

Well 8 games is a fair reflection to say that Leicester and Palace are in better form than Chelsea and arguably Arsenal at the moment

So in two weeks you're telling me you'd rather be playing Chelsea than Norwich, Watford or West ham? Don't make me laugh 

dont think I said that

dont think I said that

No but you're implying it

Down by Christmas if we persist with Sherwood.

I've just never been so convinced of our fate than right now. The worse thing is the inevitability of the damage that will come from our next five games. We have no chance and it will be beyond saving by then. We need a miracle. 

well in calendar year 2015 for a start Palace have 47 points, Leicester 42 Chelsea 49

think its harsh to think Leicester and Palace were nailed on wins

Villa have 18 points in 2015 :rolleyes:

I'm not but they are far easier games than matches against Arsenal, Chelsea, Citeh or Man Utd. Therefore compared to say Newcastle we have had relatively easy fixtures. Yet we are 4 points adrift 

I've just been having a nose at yesterday's programme in the bath (sorry about that image) and having had a look at the fixtures, I'm nervous and concerned (but clean).

Well, we've got four points from eight games - I reckon we need another thirty four from the remaining thirty games, on paper, that's do-able; eight wins and six draws with sixteen defeats sounds possible.

However, we've got to play Chelsea twice, Arsenal twice, Man City twice and Man Utd once more  - from those seven games I can't see us getting more than two points - if I'm feeling very generous I'd go with five. Even five points from those games would leave us needed twenty nine from twenty three games. two points would leave us needing thirty two from twenty three, and that's a little daunting - it'd be eight wins, eight draws and seven defeats.

We've still to play Spurs twice and Swansea twice, I don't fancy either of those; and Everton, Liverpool and Southampton won't be easy either. That's nine of those other twenty three games - I don't see us getting more than nine points from those nine games - which would leave us needing twenty three from the other fourteen - six wins, five draws and three defeats - which sounds unlikely.

We need to be winning at least six from this group, Watford twice, Newcastle twice, Norwich twice, Sunderland, Palace, Stoke, Albion and Bournemouth if we're going to stay up in my opinion. All of those games could be won, and all of them could be lost. We've got five games before we play anyone on that list, so as bad as things look between now and Watford, I think we're still in with a chance when we get there.

I'm usually pretty confident at this point. I'm worried this season.

• Like 1

I'm reminded of Kirk trying to break into the radiation filled chamber to rescue Spock in the wrath of Khan.  Being restrained by Scotty who said "he's dead already".  In this analogy we are spock

• Like 1

No surprise we are in this position. Apart from Richards lescott and gestede every player signed in the summer was with the intention of selling them on for profit as we have an owner who has no interest in competing in this league. A 15/20 goal a season striker replaced with a £6million( peanuts in the PL now) one trick pony.

we set up to be defend but we cant do the basics, we leave our creative midfielders on the bench until its to late, a manager who Is too naive/arrogant to recognise he's own mistakes, a bench full of assistants with how many years of experience, 100? Who seemingly do nothing and a team which looks disinterested and cant take throw ins or corners in a positive manor.

we are screwed & its been a long time coming.

• Like 1

We will be down long before those 2 fixtures should Sherwood remain in charge

Who would we actually lose if we went down? Adama in the championship could be fun.

Cant imagine all the french lads be cheered up by it maybe Ayew might stay. Grealish, Richards would definite go maybe Sanchez

Who would we actually lose if we went down? Adama in the championship could be fun.

All of them will be gone imo

What worries me is that are just effectively here on loan anyway will they be up for a relegation scrap over the cold Christmas period

They will all leave the first chance they get Gana was already talking about moving to a bigger club before he even joined us

Would they even care if we got relegated? they get a season of premiership experience under their belt plus they are good enough to play for comfortable midtable teams who will be interested in them its not their fault they are being mismanaged by a complete and utter clown

At least we get to keep Gabby i suppose who the hell would want him

Edited by AshVilla

I'm reminded of Kirk trying to break into the radiation filled chamber to rescue Spock in the wrath of Khan.  Being restrained by Scotty who said "he's dead already".  In this analogy we are spock

126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7S

Betfair are giving a measly return of 1.72 for us to go down, with only Sunderland (1.25) being shorter odds.

Also giving us 5.5 to finish rock bottom, with only Sunderland (1.9) being shorter.

Doesn't look good :(

Edited by Chewie

Â