Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Pointwise we might not be better off now then we werr before, but in the second half we looked like we were capable of playing football and hopefully the players got some confidence back.

if we can build on this moving forward i can see us picking up some points. Hopefully a couple of new players in january and we could pull this off, its not much but i have a little bit of optimism left.

• Like 2

I fail to see any positive from today and Bournemouth winning at Chelsea tops it all off. Let's say we drew with Watford at home last week and lost to Southampton today. It still looks horrible on paper. We managed to grind a decent point out of Man City the other week but we never capitalized and kicked on from it so I'm not holding out from this today. Whether you like it or not, we should have lost... Southampton had silly amount of chances to score and it obviously wasn't their day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only way we'll stay up to win games. We can't keep on relying on teams like Bournemouth,  Sunderland, Norwich not to win for rest of season as that isn't happening.

We need 5-7 points from Newcastle, West Ham, Sunderland and Norwich games. We'd have a small chance then.

We need 9-12 from them

We won't get that. This run will keep us up however.....

Newcastle- win

West Ham- Draw

Norwich- win

Palace- win

Leicester- draw

West Brom- draw

Norwich- win

Everton- win

Spurs- draw

Stoke- draw

Swansea- win

Bournemouth- win

Southampton- draw

Watford- draw

Newcastle- win

31 points there. I'll leave you to decide how likely or very unlikey that is but that's the sort of teams we will need to be beating for rest of season.

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

while we are giving ourselves a pat on the back for getting a point bournemouth are going to chelsea and getting three points.

Let me see ... if I had to chose one: Another step towards relegation? Or a chance to see Chelsea lose against Bournemouth? Hang on ... thinking ... thinking ... thinking ...

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We won't get that. This run will keep us up however.....

Newcastle- win

West Ham- Draw

Norwich- win

Palace- win

Leicester- draw

West Brom- draw

Norwich- win

Everton- win

Spurs- draw

Stoke- draw

Swansea- win

Bournemouth- win

Southampton- draw

Watford- draw

Newcastle- win

31 points there. I'll leave you to decide how likely or very unlikey that is but that's the sort of teams we will need to be beating for rest of season.

It's totally unlikely.

Guys we are in a better position than last week. We had a whole new defensive line although we got lucky first half. But it was a confidence issue which is getting better. Players are growing. The only time we were dire in the last 5 games was Everton.

Thats for us. Although Bournmouth won everyone else have lost Chelsea downwards.

To me its a step by step. We need to be in touch with teams. I could see from the second half we are getting mentally better. Pressure is still there but others as well. Particulary Newcastle and Swansea.

We are one point closer to all teams apart from Bournmouth.

Hopefully Liverpool wins tomorrow.

Next week we have a horrible fixture. But most of the others have the same.

Swansea will have City.

Norwich Everton.

Chelsea Leaceister.

Utd Bournmouth.

Newcastle Spurs.

Watford Sunderland.

The likely one to be won is Watford. Yet hopefully there form continues.

Now the Newcastle game will be horrible to watch. But atleast for me I still have got some FAITH.

Our position is definitly better than last week.

If we could catch up Newcastle and be 19th. It would give us a good boost. Now its a confidence game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Guys we are in a better position than last week. We had a whole new defensive line although we got lucky first half. But it was a confidence issue which is getting better. Players are growing. The only time we were dire in the last 5 games was Everton.

Thats for us. Although Bournmouth won everyone else have lost Chelsea downwards.

To me its a step by step. We need to be in touch with teams. I could see from the second half we are getting mentally better. Pressure is still there but others as well. Particulary Newcastle and Swansea.

We are one point closer to all teams apart from Bournmouth.

Hopefully Liverpool wins tomorrow.

Next week we have a horrible fixture. But most of the others have the same.

Swansea will have City.

Norwich Everton.

Chelsea Leaceister.

Utd Bournmouth.

Newcastle Spurs.

Watford Sunderland.

The likely one to be won is Watford. Yet hopefully there form continues.

Now the Newcastle game will be horrible to watch. But atleast for me I still have got some FAITH.

Our position is definitly better than last week.

If we could catch up Newcastle and be 19th. It would give us a good boost. Now its a confidence game. 

Agreed. STEP BY STEP.

We could win the next two and not be out the relegation zone. We're past the point of step by step in order to stay up. 

We need to win games when the opportunity is there. The last 2 games that's been the case and the last 2 games we've failed to do it. 

Getting draws playing like we did will do nothing for us.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We could win the next two and not be out the relegation zone. We're past the point of step by step in order to stay up. 

We need to win games when the opportunity is there. The last 2 games that's been the case and the last 2 games we've failed to do it. 

Getting draws playing like we did will do nothing for us.

Its a case of which are the must win games.

We missed oppurtunity against Watford. We havent got all 3 against Saints but ended our away Rot.

If we would put much pressure in us we might not move forward.

Last season we went into the bottom 3 on February and lost the next two. We somehow had a penalty last minute in a derby which have changed the whole thing. Other teams helped us during the two games by losing.

We could be in a much better place than Leicester last season in February. If we went 19 points in 29 i would agree we wont do a Leicester. But we still have a chance to be somewhere like we were on February.

I think we were 22 points after the Hull game. So possibly we were 22 on 24 games.

We need 16 points to be where we were last season. 16 in 10. 

But anyway week by week would be the best for us. Even if we beat Newcastle we would be most likely 20th. But most likely a point behind. And we might get back to the race slowly.

We might stay up yet being last for the next 8 rounds. 

We need to keep in touch. Build on confidence. Then see how it goes.

Agree with the step by step thing. Not good for the players to be thinking about odds, premier league records and the like. Just play for pride each week and try not to think too much about the results, situation and points gap to 17th because in the end it's all relative. That mentality should make the players less nervous and they can just focus on what they can control. You have to be patient in a football match, matches are defined by a few select moments with an average of only 2.5 goals a game. Playing with desperation will have the affect of sinking in quicksand.

Just watching now and Sunderland have created a whole heap of chances at the Emirates, Sunderland ffs.

I think I'll give up if we just defend our 18 yard box next week. Yes it's Arsenal but this is a great time to play them with half their team in A&E, let's be positive as plucky draws won't keep us up.

Â