Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Looking at the table, there is only 6 teams in it as far as I can see - everyone from Chelsea up won't get dragged into it.

If we can somehow get 3 points against Saints, then it puts us right back in the mix, as you imagine that -

Newcastle won't beat Liverpool

Sunderland won't beat Arsenal

Bournemouth won't beat Chelsea

Norwich will do well to win at Watford

Swansea beating Leicester on current form wouldn't be likely.

If you then look at the next round of fixtures when we play Arsenal, the other 5 teams have tough games as well, so I don't think we will fall further behind that week either.

Of course, you could say that on current form Villa beating anyone is highly unlikely, but I can see some improvement, and Southampton on the back of a heavy cup and 2 league defeats might just be a bit fragile.

If we can score first and get in front, then we've got a chance. If we go behind, then I don't think we have any character at all to come back. This game is as big as the last game, and I don't class it as a free hit, I think we should be looking to get a point at least from it.

We are not down yet, but I think we need 5-6 points from the next 3 games somehow to get us back into it. 

Watch all these results f us over

• Like 1

7 points isnt much if you find form... but where are we going to find it?

Moyes linked to Newcastle will be the end of us if he goes. He and Big Sam will keep their clubs up. So whos left? Bournemouth Norwich and ?...........Villa.

Newcastle have the same problem as us, shit defenders and too many unproven overseas players that haven't got the stomach for the premier league or the required quality. They are going down with us all day long

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Newcastle problem is the opposite its the experienced campaigners that are shit like Coloccini, Cisse, Colback and Tiote

The whole back line is gash, not just Coloccini

34 minutes ago, PaulC said:

1 win in 14 to 12 wins in 24 now Garde will be a genius is he pulls that off.

we dont need half. 35 points can be done with 8 wins and 11 draws ;)

Oh shit we really are screwed.

The whole points to achieve over X games approach isn't the right way to look at it. It's not possible to get 1.8 - or whatever is needed - points in a game. To survive we need a lucky patch, 3 wins in a row (league winning form) followed by slightly bettering or matching the form of the worst 3 sides.

Yes it's extremely unlikely but just a handful of fortunate wins means that our 'form' just has to be enough to tread water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Newcastle have the same problem as us, shit defenders and too many unproven overseas players that haven't got the stomach for the premier league or the required quality. They are going down with us all day long

Should be a fun fixture next season in the championship.

3 hours ago, KSV said:

In all seriousness..  We have a good run over Xmas period.. Let's see how we are going then

What we can't afford is a bad run over the next 6 or 7 games because then we will be completely doomed.

Not only do we need a major upturn in our form the like of which we have not seen in 6 years , but we also need those teams above us to stand still and wait for us to catch them up. It simply is not going to happen 

We won't need 40 points to stay up . 35 will probably be enough, so another 30 needed. 7 wins, 9 draws, 8 defeats. 8 wins, 6 draws, 10 defeats. 6 wins, 12 draws, 6 defeats.

Could be done but, not by this current group of players. 

• Like 1

30 points from 24 games is 1.25 points which is pretty much what we have averaged in the last few seasons and managed to stay up. If Garde can get any sort of form from these players I think it's very doable. We've had horrendous runs in the past couple of seasons similar to the one we're on, but in the middle or towards the end of the season. We're lucky we're (hopefully) getting it out of the way in the beginning of the season. Just need to find some form.

14 hours ago, AshVilla said:

We have left it too late

Should have got rid of Sherwood sooner

You make it sound like....If we HAD of got rid of Sherwood sooner....We would have been ok.;)

Based on what exactly?

dare I say, Sherwood has become a convenient scapegoat, without him we would be where we are going a lot sooner....equally there was not enough from him that would suggest we should have kept him ( time didn't help him)either.

When we start winning I will agree with you, but there is no sign of that happening.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

A scapegoat for what exactly? As far as i'm concerned when he left we were bottom and we are still currently bottom.

The squad is the same. It's already been mentioned plenty that the squad isn't good enough and Sherwood is taking some blame for this too.

The farce of chasing Adebayor in the summer is one of the most desperate saga's i've seen from a supposed PL manager.

Let's not make out Sherwood doesn't deserve the blame despite the clowns we have running this club currently as it's far off the truth as possible.

Â