Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

You make it sound like....If we HAD of got rid of Sherwood sooner....We would have been ok.;)

Based on what exactly?

dare I say, Sherwood has become a convenient scapegoat, without him we would be where we are going a lot sooner....equally there was not enough from him that would suggest we should have kept him ( time didn't help him)either.

When we start winning I will agree with you, but there is no sign of that happening.

I agree with much you say TRO. Sherwood is to blame for this, but IMO mostly for bringing in inept players... and he did save us once.

57 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

A scapegoat for what exactly? As far as i'm concerned when he left we were bottom and we are still currently bottom.

The squad is the same. It's already been mentioned plenty that the squad isn't good enough and Sherwood is taking some blame for this too.

The farce of chasing Adebayor in the summer is one of the most desperate saga's i've seen from a supposed PL manager.

Let's not make out Sherwood doesn't deserve the blame despite the clowns we have running this club currently as it's far off the truth as possible.

I didn't say he was blameless, what I said was don't just use him as the scapegoat and i reiterate we would possibly be in the championship now if it wasn't for him.

He has to take some blame as all managers do....If the Adebayor deal had of come off everything might be so much different ( and I don't like Adebayor as a person ,but as a player he can get goals when you want them).....It is quite a different thing to defend him from scapegoating than praising him for all he has done.

I had no reason to doubt Tim Sherwood as I have no reason to doubt Remi Garde, but despite some glaring errors he made he did get blamed for some things I thought was dubious at best.

as for the point of getting rid of him earlier as if it was some kind of mistake....so far and I emphasise so far, It wouldn't have made much difference unless of course Ash is insinuating another manager would have improved our position and on that point I cannot answer one way or the other.

The thing with the Adebayor deal...it's debatable whether he'd have been in mental state to score goals but where on earth was the Plan B once he'd said no.

Hanging on hoping he'd change his mind on deadline day wasn't good enough from Sherwood and imo will be one of the reasons we go down.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The thing with the Adebayor deal...it's debatable whether he'd have been in mental state to score goals but where on earth was the Plan B once he'd said no.

Hanging on hoping he'd change his mind on deadline day wasn't good enough from Sherwood and imo will be one of the reasons we go down.

I think that is fair comment and one criticism of TS that is apt.....but what we don't know was, did he have a plan b ? or was it scuppered?

I do think they put too much store and not enough research in to Gestede, which has backfired on them....The amount of goals he scored pulled the wool over their eyes.....its just like another Cascarino deal

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think that is fair comment and one criticism of TS that is apt.....but what we don't know was, did he have a plan b ? or was it scuppered?

I do think they put too much store and not enough research in to Gestede, which has backfired on them....The amount of goals he scored pulled the wool over their eyes.....its just like another Cascarino deal

The main problem with buying Gestede is us having no one who can cross the ball, what was the plan for using his main strength? If we crossed the ball then I'm sure he would cause problems. Teach Hutton to cross the ball ffs

Now our corner technique has changed, we should see more goals from them.

Amavi could cross the ball, look at the couple he's scored already.

Gestede is so limited... he dosen't have a skillset to worry back 4s. He can't stretch them with his pace like Gabby used to, he can't hold it up and link play at all.

That's something Benteke was underrated at. Not only could he score goals but when he was on form his touch and link up play with the midfield and other forwards was very good.

Now we have nothing upfront. Ayew is giving it a go but he isn't a centre forward. More an upgrade on Weimann.

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

was Berbatov

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Closer?

I've already accepted it. No team has ever survived in this position, if we do Garde is a genius.

Think it's better off if people accept relegation if they are finding it hard to deal getting a draw against a good team.

I accepted it 2 weeks ago. A win today would've brought some hope but we are down

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sorry but If you've accepted it you wouldn't need hope.

I mean the smallest flicker of hope. I would still be expecting to go down though because at the end of the day the squad is nowhere near good enough and we should've been 3-0 down at half time today

Edited by Arj Guy

1 point closer to safety more like. 6 points to make up in 23 games. Just keep plugging away. Luckily we have the time to afford to be taking baby steps which is what it looks like we're doing. I still have faith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

What other teams do is irrelevant if we cannot get wins ourselves

If they all lose then we have got 1 point closer to them, after playing a team that we were expected to get thumped by. 

• Like 1

Â