Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Newcastle look better than us there isn't a team worse than us in this division.

Today maybe , they have been shit the rest of the season 

Liverpool helped them by not turning up 

It gets worse, we are finished in this division.

We would have had a glimmer of hope had the board appointed someone who had the nouse and experience to get us out of a hole.

On the face of it this Newcastle result is bad for us, but in reality it doesn't change our position, we are still 3 wins from safety (and 15th place).

Newcastle always have this kind of result in them, but they are just as likely to get their asses handed to them against Spurs, as they did against Palace.

The only thing this does change is it means we 100% need to avoid defeat at St.James. If Newcastle beat us, we will be 10 points behind them.

2 hours ago, Mantis said: They're a point off 8th and 2 points off 6th. Seems a bit odd to deny that they're a top 8 team when they've finished in the top 8 in the last two seasons and are basically there or thereabouts right now.

Maybe, but that's still an incredibly tough task for a team without a win since August. Drawing with Southampton was hardly a missed opportunity. Perhaps if we'd lost I could see your point.

If you ignore everything, drawing isn't a missed opportunity. But being 1-0 and them missing a hatful of chances made it an opportunity to get those 3 points that we desperately need. We chose to accept the point rather than push for all 3. With our situation and how the game developed I think it was a missed opportunity. One we won't get many of this season.

See I don't get this.

I didn't see us accepting a point. We were trying to attack at both 1-0 and 1-1.

No it wasn't all out attack. But if we'd done that and end up losing then everyone would be on Garde's back for throwing away the point.

1 minute ago, Hanky said: 6 points bottom and no win in four months. Writing on the wall. This would be the revival of all revivals.

It's OK, I'm told that it's fine to be this far adrift at this stage of the season...

Literally nobody has said that.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

It gets worse, we are finished in this division.

We would have had a glimmer of hope had the board appointed someone who had the nouse and experience to get us out of a hole.

Instead they appointed Tim **** Sherwood

2 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

On the face of it this Newcastle result is bad for us, but in reality it doesn't change our position, we are still 3 wins from safety (and 15th place).

Newcastle always have this kind of result in them, but they are just as likely to get their asses handed to them against Spurs, as they did against Palace.

The only thing this does change is it means we 100% need to avoid defeat at St.James. If Newcastle beat us, we will be 10 points behind them.

Think your holding on to unrealistic hopes. We are gone we hAd a opportunity yesterday and yet again we blew it. We deserve to go down, they are just little men that don't deserve to wear the shirt

Â