Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

You would like to think so Zatman but unfortunately even then unless our losers man up and grow a set it will be another defeat. show some passion and fight like ayew and richards are trying.

just look like babies in play ground not men fighting for club

In view of the all supposed "Riches" coming into the PL next season, I almost wish we had gone down last Season and were in with a chance of coming back up for next season - however, I don't expect us to come back anytime soon in reality. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You would like to think so Zatman but unfortunately even then unless our losers man up and grow a set it will be another defeat. show some passion and fight like ayew and richards are trying.

just look like babies in play ground not men fighting for club

It's getting a bit tiring you calling them losers or babies in every other post. Everyone of a Claret and Blue persuasion is frustrated but little digs like this are pointless.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hev said:

In view of the all supposed "Riches" coming into the PL next season, I almost wish we had gone down last Season and were in with a chance of coming back up for next season - however, I don't expect us to come back anytime soon in reality. 

These riches are talked about every season. The following season there will be even bigger riches and the season after and the season after that.......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

It's getting a bit tiring you calling them losers or babies in every other post. Everyone of a Claret and Blue persuasion is frustrated but little digs like this are pointless.

I'm sorry but are they playing like winners?? I'm entitled to call them as I please until they show some guts and play like real men not wimps

9 hours ago, Hev said:

When it was looking grim last season I thought the same, just so long as we don't go down next year. But we're villa!

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

We are just 7 points off safety in december and people think we will go down, relax we will turn this around.

We have been very unlucky in some games and really dont deserves to be on 5 points.

I dont think we have been unlucky at all, we had hardly any bad decisions against us this season and we have had hardly any injuries. We deserve to be where we are as we have been the worst team in the league. Sad but true :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

We are just 7 points off safety in december and people think we will go down, relax we will turn this around.

We have been very unlucky in some games and really dont deserves to be on 5 points.

The 3 points from the Bournemouth game was a complete bonus, as I thought we were outplayed.

• Like 1

Our August performances weren't too bad, there was promise there as of course during the first half at Leicester...

Players haven't recovered from that 20 minutes, they've looked mentally shot since and we'll look back at that in May as a defining moment in the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

just 7 points off safety, what's there to worry about?! Hilarious 

We have a chance yes but, it's not been done before and we don't look like a team capable of miracles. 

I'm convinced that on the day we are officially relegated, last day of the season or earlier, there will be meltdown on this site with many people saying "I cannot believe it". 

When the likes of Southampton, Coventry and Wigan went down in the past I can guarantee that most of us and other supporters said things like "They had it coming" or "You can't keep flirting with relegation and expect it not to happen". That's what people are probably saying about us already. 

Looking at the table, there is only 6 teams in it as far as I can see - everyone from Chelsea up won't get dragged into it.

If we can somehow get 3 points against Saints, then it puts us right back in the mix, as you imagine that -

Newcastle won't beat Liverpool

Sunderland won't beat Arsenal

Bournemouth won't beat Chelsea

Norwich will do well to win at Watford

Swansea beating Leicester on current form wouldn't be likely.

If you then look at the next round of fixtures when we play Arsenal, the other 5 teams have tough games as well, so I don't think we will fall further behind that week either.

Of course, you could say that on current form Villa beating anyone is highly unlikely, but I can see some improvement, and Southampton on the back of a heavy cup and 2 league defeats might just be a bit fragile.

If we can score first and get in front, then we've got a chance. If we go behind, then I don't think we have any character at all to come back. This game is as big as the last game, and I don't class it as a free hit, I think we should be looking to get a point at least from it.

We are not down yet, but I think we need 5-6 points from the next 3 games somehow to get us back into it. 

On 2 November 2015 12:46:20, Richard said:
4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Our August performances weren't too bad, there was promise there as of course during the first half at Leicester...

Players haven't recovered from that 20 minutes, they've looked mentally shot since and we'll look back at that in May as a defining moment in the season.

I think mentality is easily our biggest weakness. We always seem to suffer long hangovers after bad results.

You're right that we have been in a steady decline since August, and it doesn't seem to be showing signs of any immediate improvement.

Â