Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

You have to be really bad to get relegated, sadly this year we fit that criteria comfortably.

Just looking at the table though...say all the results stay the same bar claiming a point at Norwich and beat Sunderland like we normally do up there.

The table would currently look like this....

17th Newcastle 24 points

18th Norwich 22 points

19th Sunderland 22 points

20th Villa 20 points

So still bottom but dosen't the whole outlook look a bit different. With some winnable games in April we'd still have a serious shot of staying up. But sadly we didn't and we will be going down by quite a margin I think.

Just shows you though as s*** as you are a couple of good results against relegation rivals and things could swing quite dramatically. 

We'd have a shot of staying up now if the players hadn't given up.  It's really sad.  The three teams above us just aren't picking up points.  

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

26 points over a 38 game spell. Jesus. We are thunderingly shit. 

( this is from the bbc article on leicester being "champions" over their last 38 games already. 

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35739231

And 10 of them came from 9 games at the end of last season. That now looks like a golden age. Looks like we will struggle to get anywhere near 26 points by the end of this season.

It's been going that way for the last few years.

You can certainly say Benteke was worth around 10 points to us a season given we tended to average 38 while he was here and now without him we're averaging 28 (although I doubt we'll even make that by the 38th game).

On 9/13/2015 at 18:57, jackbauer24 said:

I'm sure I'll take some abuse for this, but at the very least this thread needs reopening.

This isn't a reaction to today, this is a reflection on where we stand with five games gone, or over 10% of the season if you'd prefer!

We've played against one good team yet only have four points. One win against newly promoted Bournemouth, inability to win at home against awful Sunderland, losing today. Sherwood showing, at best, complete inexperience with his substitutions. No obvious striker and no clear game plans. Lots of unknown quantities either ability wise or whether they'll settle in the league/ country.

I personally think we're in massive trouble but it would only be the most optimistic of fans who doesn't think this at least needs discussing.

This is the opening post in this thread, about a month after the season started. It's quite frightening that the supporters of the football club could see the warning signs so early yet people on huge salaries couldn't.

If Lerner or Hollis need any evidence/support to fire Fox and Co then surely this thread is it. 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm actually completely in despair over Villa at the moment.

I should be but I actually really dont give that much of a **** since the Norwich game when we put out a disgraceful team and handed relegation away

Fans of Premier League clubs will pay no more than £30 for tickets to away matches for the next three seasons.

The cost of watching football has been a hot topic of debate, with supporters at Liverpool organising a high-profile protest over proposed increases in season ticket prices.

Now the top flight's 20 clubs have "unanimously agreed" that more should be done to help away fans.

The £30 away ticket cap will be introduced from next season.

In a statement, the Premier League said away fans were "essential for match atmosphere" and helped make the league unique.

It also recognised that away fans often had travel costs to pay on top of the price of a matchday ticket

Oh for **** sake.

The amount of times I've used the line "at least it will be cheaper next season". That was one of my few straws to grasp at. Now next season it looks like going to Man City and Chelsea will be cheaper than going to Ipswich and Leeds. Our timing is terrible. 

Premier league away fan £30 cap. Talk about being kicked when you are down. It's for three years, so I don't think we will be seeing that!

It just goes from bad to worse.

Reading all of the paper reports today I don't think we are going to have a team next season anyway.

The question is do I renew my season ticket?????

"What do you expect of a day that starts with getting up in the morning"

Â