Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

I needn't have worried so much, won my last two games 3-0 and 2-0, Championship football here we come!

In other slightly bizarre news, Remi Garde has just signed Karim El Ahmadi for Villa, and Brendan Rodgers has been appointed Swansea boss.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bought this at the weekend, seeing as I'm now unemployed in real life, and started a game as Wolves.  Limited transfer budget, and Wolverhampton isn't Madrid, so I'm gonna need some tips for bargain buys.  Come at me!

Raid the big teams in Brazil and Argentina. They have lots of high potential young players who can be picked up quite cheap.

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bought this at the weekend, seeing as I'm now unemployed in real life, and started a game as Wolves.  Limited transfer budget, and Wolverhampton isn't Madrid, so I'm gonna need some tips for bargain buys.  Come at me!

As Rds says, South America is (in my opinion) the best place to get players. They're typically cheaper than European alternatives so have lower risks. Careful not to get sacked and leave all the 4/5 star potential players with Wolves though. :D I did this with Lincoln who I bought for Villa at a measly price of £4,000,000, got sacked after a few months (before he'd even joined) and decided I'd try to get him when I got the Arsenal job...£30,000,000.

I'm sure @Daniel and @tarjei have better advice based on their ridiculous saves.

I stopped playing this before Christmas. I really like the first few weeks when you don't know what works and you have to pay attention to details to figure out the tactics. I'll probably start over again if a new patch comes out or enough time has passed so that I've forgotten all the tricks :)

As for bargains, the best ones are the ones you find yourself favicon.png

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Can anyone tell me why, yet again, Lee Hendrie is still on the database?

I can't speak for the current researchers and the setup these days but I remember when I was involved with the data for Norway many years ago the players without clubs were sometimes overlooked in the database. The way it was set up was that researchers supplied info on their clubs and the staff and players there, while the head researcher(s) collected and checked the data, so I imagine a few players without clubs don't have their data altered at all. I remember I found quite a few 'ghosts' in the DB.

Gonna have to disagree with the South America advice, for the first few years anyway.

As Wolves you should be doing pretty much all of your player recruitment from Scandinavia, the problems with work permits etc are really not worth the effort until you'r established in the Prem. Scandinavia is full of cheap low wage players who'd be willing to join a small English club :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Gonna have to disagree with the South America advice, for the first few years anyway.

As Wolves you should be doing pretty much all of your player recruitment from Scandinavia, the problems with work permits etc are really not worth the effort until you'r established in the Prem. Scandinavia is full of cheap low wage players who'd be willing to join a small English club :ph34r:

Don't completely rule South America out due to work permits. Quite a lot of the players there have dual nationalities with EU countries and don't need a permit.

Sherwood had Villa bottom by November so he got sacked. Once I saw this I used the in-game editor to put Remi in charge. Couldn't save us and we got relegated.

Remi got sacked in the summer and the Sheff Wed manager took over. Stuart Gray.

He had us 18th in the Championship and got sacked in December. We are currently in February, 22nd and manager-less.

<_<

8 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sherwood had Villa bottom by November so he got sacked. Once I saw this I used the in-game editor to put Remi in charge. Couldn't save us and we got relegated.

He had us 18th in the Championship and got sacked in December. We are currently in February, 22nd and manager-less.

<_<

This seems very plausible to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

<_<

Hopefully this is not a premonition for next season.

I have a save in 2023 and Villa just got relegated to the Championship for the second time. I'm tempted to take them over but I've just been given a huge transfer budget to play with.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my first season and added a few players. I finished 2nd couldnt believe it! Gabby was on fire for me and rudy wasnt too bad (if only they were like this in real life) i signed defour for 6.5m and he was really good with veretout.

i now sold gabby to paalce for 10m and 9m for rudy and replaced them with bojan and bendtner. also signed romeu from chelsea along with bender from dortmund.

but has anyone had villa taken over? joan laporta has just brought me (if only this could happen in real life ffs!)

Â