Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

I'm considering getting the game, but FM 15 pissed me off so much. I started a Villa season 7-8 times and was fired before January each time. It made the game extremely not pleasant. I tried new tactics each time, but nothing worked at all. Is the game still impossibly difficult playing as Villa? 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Depends. I never have problems with Villa, but know loads of people who get sacked in the first season. My current Villa team are a powerhouse.

Can you share your formation and tactics? I did research on what formations were good in FM 15 and tactics to use, but still lost almost every match. 

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Can you share your formation and tactics? I did research on what formations were good in FM 15 and tactics to use, but still lost almost every match. 

4-2-3-1 DM Wide works well for me in general on fm15. I can't remember how I started my Villa save but I always end up at 4-2-3-1 with attacking, possession based football.

If nobody else can help you I can take another look sometime. Are you playing 15.3 or a different version, my last save with Villa was with a up to date transfer database so we had veretout and Amavi etc.

first season was 4141 counter 

GK-D

FB-S CD-D CD-D FB-S

A-D

WM-S CM-S BBM-S WM-S

DLF-S/A

Everyone attacks you first season so the counter is most definitely on, you'll probably get quite a few 0-0's and a few spankings but midtable should be quite confortable.

For transfers you should be able to get 10-15m for gabby, n'zogbia, hutton and richardson, spend that on Boca players.

i find that this year counter attack seems to work very well. last year playing counter would surrender possession and i found i never worked. This year i can keep 60-65% possession and counter them real bad. if teams play a narrow formation against me, it's a guaranteed 5-0 win.

Just finished some work up so going to have a late night playing this now. I always take a bit of time working out where I'll begin and I've decided that I'll be starting in Ligue 2 managing Sochaux. Decent size stadium, decent academy, new branding, new far-east ownership after finally severing ties with Peugeot. They're not doing well at all IRL, but on FM I think it's to get them back into Ligue 1 and beyond!

Edited by samjp26

72,987 seater stadium will be ready by 2026 with Villa. We had enough money in the bank to pay the whole thing off. Last years would always take out a loan even though you could afford it with your bank balance. Got no debt and rolling in money right now.

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

72,987 seater stadium will be ready by 2026 with Villa. We had enough money in the bank to pay the whole thing off. Last years would always take out a loan even though you could afford it with your bank balance. Got no debt and rolling in money right now.

But is Lerner still the owner?

Wasn't going to get this year's FM until I woke up hungover (see: still drunk) the other week and decided playing Football Manager was about all I could manage that day.

Didn't bother with my usual Villa save and went straight into League 1 with Bradford. Playing a counter pressing 4-4-1-1 which is working surprisingly well with the quality of players I have. Had a great start to the season, form dipped when I had a bit of an injury crisis mid season, but we're currently in 2nd place with two games to go.

Problem is Peterborough are only two points behind and my team are going through a barren run (five draws in a row all either 1-1 or 0-0). My tactics are working pretty much exactly how I want them to and we're playing really good football, quick pass and move stuff, pressing high up the pitch, penning the opposition in and forcing them to make mistakes or take risks in possession (it's so rewarding seeing my team lose possession only to win it back almost instantly on a regular basis), averaging 60-70% possession every game and around 15 shots.

But I think the AI has figured me out and they're just parking ten players behind the ball, I've tried tweaking a few things like playing wider to drag the full backs out, or dropping deeper to draw them out, pushing my full backs forward to take advantage of the wide space, but I'm still not scoring, and all of those tweaks make me weaker in defence. The weird thing is I'm still averaging around 15 shots a game they're just not going in, although I think a lot of them are getting blocked due to the sheer number of players in the box.

I've already qualified for the play offs which was my target at the start of the season, but I'm two games away from automatic promotion and I can't score for toffee!

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

FM 2017 IS going o be fun playing in the championship as Villa :(

Lets just hope that fm18 doesn't have Villa in League One.

Hopefully they dont downgrade the club and players to much and it isn't to hard to get back up.

• Like 1

Â