Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This worked, thank you!

No worries. In previous versions I've turned a £10m budget into probably £20-30m (or higher) by pushing instalments out to 48 months. 

My other tips would be offering clauses that you know will never be fulfilled. For example a payment after 50 games for a player you sell (at profit) after one season, after internationals for a player who will not get any (existing Germans work) etc.

Football Manager throws up some crazy opportunities.

Peep this.

I'm Marseille. I have Steve Mandanda who is 31 and a solid goalkeeper. However I've snagged Geronimo Rulli on a free who is 23 and better.

So in the Summer i'll sell Mandanda, lets be conservative here and say i'll get £5million for him,  I've essentially been paid £5 million to upgrade my goalkeeper in every way.

Then when Rulli want's to go in a few seasons time I'd imagine i'll be looking at at least £15-20 million.

Plus Rulli is half Italian so he doesn't go towards my 4 non EU players. B)

I tried a career with Villa again. First 8 games of the season I went 3 wins 5 losses and 0 draws. It was enough to keep me above the relegation spots, but then talks of a villa take over started happening and apparently the new owners wanted Person. I said f it and started playing my younger fringe players like Gil, Traore, Bacuna, Ayew, Okore, Ayala, and Grealish every match and suddenly I am in the hunt for champs league come January. 

I've been alternating between a 4-2-2-2 DM and a 4-2-3-1 DM. I beat Chelsea at home, and City away from home. Not really sure what is going on, but the take over happened, the new owners gave me a 4 year deal, and gave me 40 million to spend. Not sure who to buy. Bacuna has been a beast at right back for me. He is one of the best ratings wise in the league for that spot. Ayew is doing well at striker with 11 goals, but Gestede, Lafata, and Agbonlahor have 6 goals between them in 5 months. Midfield is my strong point. Grealish hasn't been spectacular, but he is developing better than Veretout as an attacking mid. Sinclair and Traore are goal and assist machines. Gana and Westwood are locking the midfield down, and I have Jermaine Jones on a free signing as good cover. 

I think I should buy a new keeper (Guzan is alright, but could be better), a winger so I don't have to play Sinclair every match, and probably a striker so Ayew isn't my only goal threat. 

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I tried a career with Villa again. First 8 games of the season I went 3 wins 5 losses and 0 draws. It was enough to keep me above the relegation spots, but then talks of a villa take over started happening and apparently the new owners wanted Person. I said f it and started playing my younger fringe players like Gil, Traore, Bacuna, Ayew, Okore, Ayala, and Grealish every match and suddenly I am in the hunt for champs league come January. 

I've been alternating between a 4-2-2-2 DM and a 4-2-3-1 DM. I beat Chelsea at home, and City away from home. Not really sure what is going on, but the take over happened, the new owners gave me a 4 year deal, and gave me 40 million to spend. Not sure who to buy. Bacuna has been a beast at right back for me. He is one of the best ratings wise in the league for that spot. Ayew is doing well at striker with 11 goals, but Gestede, Lafata, and Agbonlahor have 6 goals between them in 5 months. Midfield is my strong point. Grealish hasn't been spectacular, but he is developing better than Veretout as an attacking mid. Sinclair and Traore are goal and assist machines. Gana and Westwood are locking the midfield down, and I have Jermaine Jones on a free signing as good cover. 

I think I should buy a new keeper (Guzan is alright, but could be better), a winger so I don't have to play Sinclair every match, and probably a striker so Ayew isn't my only goal threat. 

Careful, Bacuna might put in a request to move to a Champions League team if this carries on.

1 hour ago, JayDeePee said:

Careful, Bacuna might put in a request to move to a Champions League team if this carries on.

Funny, but at this rate he will get at least European football with me.

I played a bit last night and I somehow am still doing very well. I am currently sitting 5th, but tied on points with Man U for 4th. I decided to participate in the winter transfer day deadline so I could hopefully get some players. I saw Correa, Elneny, and Remy were all available for sign/loan, so I tried my hand at all three. Correa refused to sign for me citing he needs champs league football. Then Chelsea and Arsenal both approved the sales for pretty damn cheap, but both players flat out refused me. What made this so much worse was I saw Elneny sign for West Ham who sit in 19th place, and Remy just continues to sit on Chelsea's bench. 

I am now pretty confident that all it takes to have a good season in this game is to win a few matches early in the season. I beat Arsenal away 2-0. I haven't conceded a goal in 5 matches now. Richards is amazing at center back somehow. Everyone of my players are doing great. I even have Gestede and gabby scoring. Gabby now has 12 goals in 3 months. 

I might do a new season and test my theory. I'll just take charge of a club like Newcastle or Norwich and win 5-6 of my first 8 matches. I'll alt-f4 if I lose and try again till I get the wins I need. Then I'll just steamline the season and see if those first few matches got my team's confidence up which in turn makes them amazing. 

13 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am now pretty confident that all it takes to have a good season in this game is to win a few matches early in the season. I beat Arsenal away 2-0. I haven't conceded a goal in 5 matches now. Richards is amazing at center back somehow. Everyone of my players are doing great. I even have Gestede and gabby scoring. Gabby now has 12 goals in 3 months. 

I might do a new season and test my theory. I'll just take charge of a club like Newcastle or Norwich and win 5-6 of my first 8 matches. I'll alt-f4 if I lose and try again till I get the wins I need. Then I'll just steamline the season and see if those first few matches got my team's confidence up which in turn makes them amazing. 

You are correct. Morale is everything in this game. Pack out the pre season playing sunday league teams, smash them 10-0 get everyone on superb morale and you should get yourself off to a good start in the league.

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. I was just on 9 game unbeaten run with my nott fst save and then got a bit slack with my match prep and lost to wolves who were in 23rd spot and hadnt won away from home in over 5 matches. Will be interested to see how your theory goes but i think you need to keep on your toes and enjoy winning as much as possible

47 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. I was just on 9 game unbeaten run with my nott fst save and then got a bit slack with my match prep and lost to wolves who were in 23rd spot and hadnt won away from home in over 5 matches. Will be interested to see how your theory goes but i think you need to keep on your toes and enjoy winning as much as possible

I mean it's February in my career and I am sitting 4th. Even a monumental collapse will see me finish above relegation which is all I was shooting for this season. Plus now that I have new owners, I will be given a real transfer budget in the summer. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I mean it's February in my career and I am sitting 4th. Even a monumental collapse will see me finish above relegation which is all I was shooting for this season. Plus now that I have new owners, I will be given a real transfer budget in the summer. 

Sounds like you're on a good thing but still i urge caution. My last villa save i qualified for europe (finished 6th) got 50 million for transfers and was sacked before new year.... my experience is this game likes to get you when you least expect it. Still congrats sounds like you having a season worth remembering. 

7 hours ago, DK82 said:

Not at the moment, but might be up for an online game if others do.

Ha sorry,  I should have explained a bit better,  did you find that deal to buy it for a few quid online? 

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Ha sorry,  I should have explained a bit better,  did you find that deal to buy it for a few quid online? 

Sorry mate, I was half asleep when I saw that message!

A friend had a code so I bought it off him. B)

Â