Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

my villa are in the middle of a take over (as you can imagine, randy is a **** ) but the club does £300m in the bank, at the top of the league and won a few cups with the league about to be won as well ;-) (oh how to dream)

I've finally picked up the this year's handheld version.

It seems basically exactly the same as last year's, but oh well :)

Started from the very bottom. Took over FC United of Manchester but renamed them FC Villa. The march to the top starts now!

• Like 1

I set up a villa save with us relegated and the jam transfer window done, did the entire 3rd season today...

1st season signed balanta, grillo, Shane long on loan, sold Kozak, Clark, gabby, Hutton, bacuna (+8m) finished 2nd, think Norwich who I also relegated got something crazy like 108 points, won the FA cup

2nd season - signed Sergio Diaz, bender, pavon, chambers, meli, rajkovic, sold gestede, Westwood, baker and others (-£24m) finished 3rd, made the EL semis

3rd season - signed alcacer, passlack, Sagna, mkhitaryan, samper, sold amavi,mayew (-£50m) probably the craziest season I've ever had on FM, after ten games I was bottom, 1 win 1 draw 8 losses, went in to a game v Man City with a board meeting saying I had to win, made some changes, won 4-0, went 14 games without conceding, finished 3rd again! Had a run in the last 5 games where I played city, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool, drew all 4 games 0-0, my GK conceded 28 goals in 38 games

• 3 weeks later...

3rd attempt at keep villa up and im 12th with 6 games to go plus fa cup semi final agsinst Brighton. Have only bought Meli and Austin in. Playing 4231 defensive structured most of the time. Gestede Westwood Richards are all going end of season. Gestede is possibly the most over rated piece of crap ever fm history. 

I quite like FM again! **** up Boston Utd massively right now bit having a grand old time doing it. Can see myself wasting way too much time on it again. 

Now I remember why I did not get fm 16 when it came out. Have yet to win a match. Actually have yet to even been leading in a match. So many injuries only a month in. Being forced to use my 4th string keeper and my only fit striker is Gestede. Sanchez has gotten 2 red cards in 2 games in the league. I have no transfer budget so I can't sign anyone. 10/10 game

Started with villa? You must be mad!

Start with barca, Juve, bayern, psg, Ajax (I start with arsenal every year) that's where you test all your tactics and do your scouting (if they're good enough for those teams they'll be more than good enough for villa)

I do it till I'm top of the hall of fame in that country and then stop, takes about 6/7 seasons plus an international role

I just have no emotional investment in a big club like Barca. I did that last year with United and got them champs league, but the game was a little dull.

I guess I can take over Sparta Prague who are the big dogs in Czech at the moment. 

I bought Benteke start of my 3rd season for 13 mill plus some add ons. Great bit of business i reckon, banged in 6 goals before breaking his foot. 

For anyone using Villa. Jonathon Calleri is a great young buy. First season he didn't do much but now he is kicking ass....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

On 4/23/2016 at 09:19, AndyBM said:

so, those of you who do play as villa, whats your line ups?

I played Guzan, Richards, Okore, Lescott, Amavi, Gana, Sanchez, Grealish, Veretout, Sinclair, Ayew in a 4-2-3-1. Sub on Traore, Kozak, Agbonlahor typically. Westwood comes in for Sanchez when he gets a red because that happens every other game for me and I am not even joking. 

We really need a striker. I can't get any of the strikers to score despite having tons of chances.

Â