Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

Cracked top 4 now. Only 8 more matches till the end of the season. I am too far from 1st and 2nd. They barely dropped points this season except to me B), but Arsenal who is in 3rd are only 1 point above me. 

Spent time editing Villa into the championship. Was given a 10m budget (I also added Dr X btw), so after sales I had 30m. Spent that on a few older players to stabilise and then on Teddy Bishop and Nathan Redmond on top as my big buys. Also playing youngsters where I can.

21 hours ago, DK82 said:

Spent time editing Villa into the championship. Was given a 10m budget (I also added Dr X btw), so after sales I had 30m. Spent that on a few older players to stabilise and then on Teddy Bishop and Nathan Redmond on top as my big buys. Also playing youngsters where I can.

You should destroy the championship. Play traore and grealish constantly. Gana, Westwood, and Amavi develop very quickly. 

I am 5th with 6 games left. Tied with Arsenal for 4th but I have a worse GD. This game is making is hard though. Gana is suspended for 3 matches for yellow card accumulation, Westwood is injured, Jones is suspended for a red, so I only have Veretout left. My midfield is Lyden and Veretout at the moment in a 4-4-2. Not very secure. Might have to recall Gardner. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Just out of curiosity, what difficulty do you guys play this on? 

Im pretty sure there isnt a diffuculty setting or not that im aware of. There are certain settings you can use to make the game easier/harder

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Just out of curiosity, what difficulty do you guys play this on? 

Im unaware of difficulty settings pretty sure there aren't any.... just various options to make game easier or harder

Two matches left in my Villa season. I have 1 premier league match left and I sit in 4th with Spurs only 3 points behind me, but they have a much better goal differential, and I am playing Chelsea away in my last match who are first. To top things off, 4 of my 5 strikers are injured so I am starting Gabby up top. I am also in the final of the FA Cup and I get to play Bournemouth who somehow are 6th in the league pushing Spurs for Europa league. 

I played Norwich is the semi final of the FA cup and I was leading 3-0  in the 90th minute. 3 minutes of extra time, and somehow they tied it up by the 93rd. They scored one goal which was fine. Then from kick off my players literally just kicked it into their end for Gabby to try to get which failed and they scored off that attack. Then the same garbage happened from the next kick off. I had the tactics waste time, retain possession, take fewer risks, etc, but no, instead the game decided to kick it deep from kick off twice for gabby to chase. Luckily Grealish scored in extra time because I honestly probably would've just raged quit that. 

28 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

how do you edit a file to play villa in the championship?

im interested to see how id do

I believe you have to purchase the FM editor on steam and I read that it doesn't even work half the time. 

This editor should be free and is usually downloaded automatically. It might be easier to just search for a version that has been done by someone else and uploaded online.

The editor is free

On steam find tools and search for it

I think there is an in game editor that you have to pay for

If you don't want the editor then check out the likes of neoseeker and sortitoutsi forums or the steam workshop, the editor really is piece of piss though

Finished 5th with Villa :angry: 2 really late goals to chelsea and a spurs win saw us both level on 69 points, but spurs GD was better. I did win the FA cup 4-1 though. Traore ended up player of the season with 18 assists and 10 goals. Biggest disappointment has been Grealish. Veretout got into my Villa Team of the Season over Grealish despite Veretout played a 1/4th of the matches Jack did. 

Now I was given 80 million to spend. So far I signed Subotic, Vrsalijko, and Sturaro. I still have 50+ million to spend. 

My XI:

-------------------------Horn------------------

--Vrsalijko----Subotic---Ayala--Amavi---

----------------Gana-----Sturaro------------

----Traore--------Veretout-----Grealish---

----------------------Ayew---------------------

Subs/Reserves: Richards, Okore, Baker, Bacuna, Gestede, Agbonlahor, Sinclair, Westwood, Jones, Cissokho, Gardner

I think I need a better attacking mid and another striker. I tried signing Carrasco, but he snubbed me for 11th place Man United. Lacazette also rejected me. 

He did for me but that was on the 16.2 data update.

The other Boca winger/forward is Pavon, outshined Calleri for me.

Lincoln is a really good call if you can get him.

Â