Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

I'll make sure to look into them. I need immediate success though. I don't really want to be developing some wonderkid who will be great in 2-3 seasons. I need someone who can come into my first team asap. 

Does Veretout get good? I am tempted to play him more, but he rarely does anything for me. 

He does get fairly good, but it takes time to develop him. I ended up selling him to Southampton for 12-13m, depends what your midfield looks like really.

I'm usually very good at FM, but i've had an absolute shocker this year. 8th season with Villa and still haven't even cracked the top 6 despite having one of the best squads in the division. :lol:

Is there any player who I can sign that will slot straight into that team? I am pretty unfamiliar with FM players. I wanted to sign Çalhanoğlu but the clearing in the woods thinks we are shit. 

I'm not sure who'll come or not anymore but it's worth having a look at Juan Cazares and Hirving Lozano for AM/LW. Andres Cubas and Marcelo Meli are great calls for CDM/CM. Augustinsson SP? is a good LB.

Nicola Vlasic became the best player in the world on my save, won the Ballon d'Or 3 times and got an average rating of 8.50 one season. 

Used him as a AML in a 4-3-3

Edited by villarule123

Anyone know how to fix this? The green bar and star level only appears for Remy and no one else. I have no way of knowing who is being played correctly and not. It's really annoying. (sorry about the quality. For some reason I can't screen shot while playing FM)

34e5e175c73bc284cafb15eb0d875ab3.png

Decided that instead of just signing Cristo Gonzalez and Jorge from Tenerife and then never playing them I'd just manage Tenerife. 

Enjoying it so far but within a week both of them were getting pissy because I wouldn't sell them so I sent them both out on loan. 

Hopefully they'll man up when we're in La Liga getting pummelled every week!

unbeaten so far at Christmas but god it's hard. Winning games 1-0 and 2-1. Only signings I managed were Kuki on loan from Malaga and Ferreira and Lizarazo on frees. Just managed to get Nahuel Leiva on loan from Arsenal in January. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

@Czechlad I assume it will be sorted if you clear cache and reload the skin (in preferences). If not you might need to manually delete the preferences-folder ( C:\Users\[Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016) and verify integrity of game cache (in steam). There are some guides on the FM-site that will usually sort issues like that

I have completely stopped playing this. I've been kinda wanting to get back into it... I just know that it will take up way too much time for my own good. I'm on about 1000 hours less for this version than previous ones :o

4 hours ago, tarjei said:

@Czechlad I assume it will be sorted if you clear cache and reload the skin (in preferences). If not you might need to manually delete the preferences-folder ( C:\Users\[Windows Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016) and verify integrity of game cache (in steam). There are some guides on the FM-site that will usually sort issues like that

I have completely stopped playing this. I've been kinda wanting to get back into it... I just know that it will take up way too much time for my own good. I'm on about 1000 hours less for this version than previous ones :o

Yea it's still not working, but thanks for trying. I guess I'll look for a solution on google or have to call for help.

3/4 of the way through 2nd season with Forest and its getting to me. Not going to finish as high as last season, sliding further and further into debt and cant imagine ill be given much of a transfer kitty for next season. Too boot my team has developed a bad habit of conceding whenever we are in front and conceding goals inside 2mins of kick-off. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

How is it possible that I am in the 4th pot for seeding in the Euro Cup despite finishing 5th last season, whereas United who finished 6th are a first seed, and bournemouth who only got in through the FA cup are in the 3rd pot?

Picked this game up a few weeks ago.

Started off Unemployed with default stats, managed to get a job at Yeovil in Division 2, a couple of months into the first season I got sacked after about 10 games (not sure why, the goal was to get out the relegation zone and we were out of them by 1 place). A couple of months later I managed to get a job at York in Division 2 with the target of not being relegated, and we finished 18th!

Second season with York I have the target of not getting relegated again but currently 3rd with a game in hand in January! We go 2nd if we win that game. If I can get York promoted I'll be well happy with that, will probably move onto another club though as York have £0 to spend. 

Edited by PieFacE

9 hours ago, V01 said:

It's that coefficient bollocks.

sucks to be you.

My group is Lazio, Feyenoord, and Valencia. This is stupid. 

Meanwhile Spurs, United, and Bournemouth are all in pretty damn easy groups. United also somehow signed Lukaku, Vardy, Javi martenez, and Laporte in one transfer window. That has to be 200+ million.They aren't even playing Smalling or Martial whom I both tried to sign. 

On June 3, 2016 at 19:31, Czechlad said:

I'll make sure to look into them. I need immediate success though. I don't really want to be developing some wonderkid who will be great in 2-3 seasons. I need someone who can come into my first team asap. 

Does Veretout get good? I am tempted to play him more, but he rarely does anything for me. 

he is the last one of the current squad on my version(in 2023) though now he has become a backup. He did become a very formidable player

Was top of the league in February after finally finding a settled tactic that was delivering results, until the game suddenly decided that I wasn't gonna be allowed to be successful and I lost six on the spin to end the season in 5th. 

I know, IT'S MY TACTICS. But it just seems like one unlucky defeat crushes morale too easily.

Started one up the other day as I hadn't played in a while. Started unemployed with the highest coaching badge, got the Saints job as they had 6 points in 12 games and were bottom. After 30 games, they had 38 points and were 12 points clear of relegation. Sassuolo job came up and I applied as I like a bunch of their players. Managed to keep them up by a point. Decided to stay on as they gave me over £20m in transfers and was able to hold on to the big names for the summer. 

These are my first 6 results.

Untitled.png

So I can't even score against a lower league side in the cup. Then win 5/5, scoring 19 to start the season. :crylaugh:

Edited by kurtsimonw

Â