Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

This game is so strange. I took over the LA galaxy to get some experience with the game. I started pretty bad but it's the near the end of the season now and I am first, but I have a -10 goal differential. It's the worst GD in the whole league. I also have the most clean sheets in the league. I will win 2 games 1-0, then lose the 3rd game 4-0. It makes no sense to me. I also have no goal scorers. Keane has 5 goals in 26 games and he leads my team in goals. I also have 56 yellows in 28 games. I don't even use the get stuck in option. I just pick up so many yellows. 

Anyone had traore do anything in their game? I had a couple of years out of him sold him to arsenal for £16m didn't kick a ball for them not sure where he's dropped to now

And I put villa in the championship through the editor, us Norwich and Sunderland, Norwich tore the league up I finished 2nd

On 5/1/2016 at 04:18, villa4europe said:

Anyone had traore do anything in their game? I had a couple of years out of him sold him to arsenal for £16m didn't kick a ball for them not sure where he's dropped to now

And I put villa in the championship through the editor, us Norwich and Sunderland, Norwich tore the league up I finished 2nd

He scored 5 goals in 5 years for me with loan spells at Swansea, Porto and Inter. Inter then stumped up 28.5 Million Pounds to buy him. Was quite surprised. 

Edited by Villaphan04

On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 17:48, villa4europe said:

Traore is one of my most important players. Absolutely love him.... nearing the end of my 3rd season and I'm safely in 6th position. My first team XI is:

K.Casilla

Jenkinson-Shawcross-Keane-Ake

Gueye

Meli----------Tapita

Traore                                Llanana

Benteke/Calleri

Tapita is probably find of the game so far. Got him im on a free at age 21 and straight away was worth 18m. His first season with me and i think he is going to be my player of the season. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

I've been playing this game now for at least 15 years and only just received my first Tycoon takeover.

Have to say though, it's kind of ruined my save......

I was playing as AC Milan and wanted to focus on bringing through all the youth players they have. I'd sold off all of the high earning, older players and managed to win the League and Cup in the first season.

Then, in comes this Croatian gazzillionaire. He gives me close to £300 million in transfer funds and I had £3.3 million spare in the wage kitty.

I'm sure I can carry on regardless but it doesn't feel the same some how. I'm not someone who buys 'expensive players', I tend to get edgy when I spend anywhere near £10-20 million on a player plus I'd just brought in Lucas Romero and snagged Marco Benassi on a free just prior to the embargo and was really happy with that.

I then decided to buy Rugani from Arsenal and Zaza from Juventus with my new found wealth for £25 million and £10 million respectively but soon after it kind of lost its magic.

:(

On 5/4/2016 at 10:13, villa4europe said:

I got meli in my 2nd season, calleri went to Leicester and then Juve, I think I'm in season 7 he's worth about £45m, I got the other boca winger too who's name I can't remember

Pavon?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's him, I had an inter game on the go and udinese signed him, he absolutely smashed serie a, top scorer about 4 years on the trot

Prefer Driussi myself but Pavon is good.

In fact. Here's one for you all. Top 5 players you've managed on FM16 and which save was it on?

1. Andre Silva

2. Sebastian Driussi 

3. Donny van de Beek

4. Sergio Diaz

5. Alessio Romagnoli

Special mention goes to Aleksandar Trajkovski of Palermo. Surprisingly good as an Inside Forward. Scored a lot of headers.

On 5/1/2016 at 09:18, villa4europe said:

He's alright...

zxjygh.jpg

• Like 2

ive bought sergio diaz on 4 saves i think and can never get him anything other than a half decent squad player, same with jhon arango, they're worth buying because they're so cheap but never develop as much as id like

mine would probably be

1. Meli

2. Calleri

3. Embolo

4. Passlack

5. Lincoln

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ive bought sergio diaz on 4 saves i think and can never get him anything other than a half decent squad player, same with jhon arango, they're worth buying because they're so cheap but never develop as much as id like

mine would probably be

1. Meli

2. Calleri

3. Embolo

4. Passlack

5. Lincoln

Meli is a beast. He would have been on my list for last years game as would Calleri.

My best experience of Diaz was at Ajax, so not exactly a challenging league, however he led that team to the Champions League at 19.

i did do a boca save seeing as i was buying half their squad, decent enough game, tevez is still an absolute beast, he was the only one i had loads of trouble from european teams for, think i sold him to spurs for £18m when he was 33

tevez, meli, calleri, cubas, peruzzi, silva on loan, bentancur, acosta, komar, vadala...you need to buy a decent keeper but its a cracking squad, its surprising how you can buy river players quite easy too

think cubas is worth £50m playing for sevilla on my current villa save, turned me down when i was in the championship

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i did do a boca save seeing as i was buying half their squad, decent enough game, tevez is still an absolute beast, he was the only one i had loads of trouble from european teams for, think i sold him to spurs for £18m when he was 33

tevez, meli, calleri, cubas, peruzzi, silva on loan, bentancur, acosta, komar, vadala...you need to buy a decent keeper but its a cracking squad, its surprising how you can buy river players quite easy too

think cubas is worth £50m playing for sevilla on my current villa save, turned me down when i was in the championship

I did that last year with Velez and agree. Buying Boca and River's players was far too easy. 

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I want to sign Ayala from Boro but they want 200k more than what I have, and Lerner is refusing to let me sign him. Really is stupid. I can't sell anyone either. 

Try and do a staggered deal and pay in instalments or after a certain amount of games.

Just started a new save with Nottingham Forrest. Tough gig.... transfer embargo for the first season.... in the red wage budget and a transfer budget of 2.6k so you struggle to even buy free agents..... 8 games in 3 wins 3 draws 2 losses and must say its very exciting playing with a team in the shape. I recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge. 

Â