Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

58 minutes ago, V01 said:

Scout Boca.

seriously, you could easily pick 4-5 great players for low ish fee's.

I always raid River on fm15 as they usually have decent players quite cheaply, e.g. Balanta, Kranevitter, Martinez, Boys and Mammana.

Balanta isn't as good this year.

I've signed Mammana from River, he's gonna be so so good. Cubas, Meli, and Calleri from Boca, would have took Pavon and Betancur too if I'd managed to more more from selling Gabby/Zog/Senderos

Just passed my second summer and without realising until i just glanced at my starting 11 i've almost got rid of every original player (well not really).

Oh and every time i check in on grealish to do his training etc he has gone up in value, currently at 25.5m.

Can you keep a tactic long term in this game? I create these tactics, they do brilliantly and i go on crazy unbeaten runs and then they just flat out refuse to work. I know AI counters you and gets used to your tactics eventually but damn, nnoying having to try and create a new tactic every half season.

It isn't that the AI counters you, it's teams being more wary of giving you space. If you win a lot they think you're a threat and sit back trying to counter you, as you get bigger/better your tactic should evolve. You don't need to make wholesale changes, little tweaks like lowering team or role mentalities are the way to go. 

I had a good half season with villa using a 4141 counter, then teams would sit back. I switched the wingers to amr/l to give the lone striker more support and gradually implemented a possession system (support duties are great for this) This was enough to keep the run going. Season 2 has seen some games where teams still aren't willing to come at me so I've had to alter the 41221 to a control mentality and start to press more. I still have the other two tactics to switch between depending on the scenario. 

The days of one tactic for an entire are gone now, you need alternate options.

Yea i know all that, thats what im saying, them sitting back on me is countering my tactics, like i said.  I'll still dominate games but this year im just finding crosses and set pieces are 80% of my conceded goals even when the positioning and setup is fine they still somehow get it in. I score from them loads too and it gets a bit boring everytime i check how ive scored or conceded its cross, cross, cross.

Another thing that really pisses me off is the AI teams bidding for your star players, but the bid is always less than their value and frankly pathetic compared to what you have to pay for other peoples good players. Then you decline but the player then wants to talk about leaving/new contract and then half the team gets unhappy at your "treatment" of the player, its ridiculous. 

Just getting frustrated after a poor run but certain things in the game are still absolutely stupid.

That **** me off too.

Hello, we're a champions league team. We like your star player and have seen that you set his asking price to 60m so we're gonna bid 8.35m in a structured deal, oh and it will be non negotiable.  Have fun with your unsettled player.

They complain, you promise a new contract. They refuse to negotiate then say you broke your promise. 

Only bonus I've had is that calling a team meeting and explaining we'd be a worse said without them has calmed them down so far.

On the flipside I had Westwood complain because I'd signed a few midfielders and he wasn't playing, pretty much the whole squad was against him on it. He moaned about leaving for first team football I agreed straight away then he rejected every move he was offered for the rest of the season.

Although it's annoying as hell, they are basically doing exactly what I do when my team has reached elite status. Just unsettle players and force them to eventually settle for a pittance compared to what they initially wanted. I also like that it's hard to keep hold of players... I wished it was even harder, like in real life football.

Edited by tarjei

What do you mean... that's exactly why they are hard to keep. Because with some ambitious players you either have to sell, or suffer with a few of your players being unhappy you deny him a move. They are putting in small bids to achieve exactly that.

Again its nothing to do with that, i'm not going to sell a star player valued at 15m (market price atleast 5-10m more) for 5m cash and some installments. Its an embarrassing offer and in real life would just be hilariously dismissed. Then when it comes to the players asking me why he was denied a move theres no option for me to say im willing to let him go if they actually offer something worth my while. Theres no option for me to tell the squad why it was rejected either, its all just seen as blocking a progression in someones career.

In real life how many occasions has someone bid a silly fee for a great player, had it rejected and then the entire squad becomes unhappy because you haven't sold your best player for 75% of his value? Zero.

11 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Agents on this game piss me off.

Bid comes in, bid is rejected, Agent wants new deal for player.

**** OFF!

You declare interest in a player, they respond saying love to join and then the agent refuses to talk to you as you are on thier dislike list.

Quite enjoying Villa this year, finished 10th, then 7th and then 6th now on my fourth season and aiming for top 4. All the young players we already had and the ones i invested in are all starting to become stars which meant i didn't have to spend anything this summer even though they gave me 127m and i have 400k on the wage budget to play with.

Gives me the option of really splashing on 2-3 players next summer if i get into the champions league, should be fun. Only problem is most of my starting 11 are wanted and i keep receiving rubbish bids for them which is unsettling them but ive learned to just reject it, have a meeting and then just wait it out and eventually they seem to say they are happy to play for me again.

Danny Murphy took over Villa in my save (as chairman not manager) and fired me after about 4 games of his tenure. Got the Burnley job in January and took them from 21st to 8th. Arsenal had won the league to Wenger retired, I applied and got the job... 3rd in my first season with a Champions League final loss.

The worst part about getting sacked is all the young players you sign for your first team and then struggle to get when you move on. I got Lincoln for Villa for around £4,000,000 and had to pay about £30,000,000 to buy him for Arsenal... The budgets are massive in this game too, over £150,000,000 in a season that they weren't totally happy with my performance, madness.

Centre Back x2, as a priority moving on Baker and Clark then depending on money I'd want upgrades on Westwood, Bacuna, Bennett and/or Cissokho (Suliman can step up as long as you give him gametime), Sinclair(Green can step up), Gestede(Hepburn-Murphy).

I tend to gut the squad when I takeover, had a takeover in November and was given 30m transfer funds. Used structured deals to stretch my budget as far as I could which saw me do the business below.

First season saw Senderos 1.2m, N'zogbia 4.2m, Gabby 6.25m, Richardson 625k, and Hutton 2.7m leave at the start of the season and Clark 2.1m, Bacuna 1.8m, Ayew 5m, Gestede 3.5m leave in January. Brought in Calleri 6m, Cubas 3.5m, Mammana 4.4m and Bazoer 8.5m at start of season and Meli 4m, Horn 6.5m, Gabriel Jesus 8.5m and Riedewald on loan in January.

Finished in top 6 and fluked FA cup 1-0 against Everton (FM'd them 1 shot on target to win)

Second season I signed Riedewald 7.5m(negotiated during his loan and was easier to get) Bentancur 3.3m, Odegaard 19m, Gaudino p/ex for Okore after he requested to leave, Pavon 11.75m, Lucas from Atletico and Rugani both on loan (gonna try to complete deals for them throughout the season). Sold Sinclair 2.2m, Sanchez 1.5m, Cissokho 5m, Steer 400k, Okore p/x for Gaudino, Westwood 2m, Gardner 750k, Bennett, 400k, Kozak 750k, Lescott 250k, Crespo 3.5m, Gil 5m, and Veretout 10m.

Kept touch with City and Arsenal in the top 4 in November and Comfortably 2nd in EC losing to Dortmund but beating Metalist and Zurich. Only have expectation of top half so I'll be able to weather the inevitable slump that's coming.

Â