Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

On 10/01/2016 at 13:10, gilbertoAVFC said:

£1m-£2m is 1-2 weeks of wages at the club. It's nothing.

1-2 weeks wages at a premier league club doesn't qualify £1-2 million as being nothing.

It's £1-2 million. It's not nothing. It's not a huge amount of money for a starting centre back, but it could have represented better value spent elsewhere.

19 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'm always wary of things like this. Not saying the player is a saint but I find it hard to believe he wasn't provoked in some way.

I'm sure they were provoked, but they're on £1-2 million a year. They should just give their fat wallets a tap and keep their mouths shut. Same with looking interested for 90 minutes while watching football and earning their weekly paycheck instead of playing 'I'm bored' games. 

It does indicate a lack of discipline though. Forget about the fans giving them stick for spitting towards the touchline, do they not care about Remi seeing them acting like a pair of children? Doesn't seem like it

• Like 1

I don't know how many were listening to Talksport this morning but Danny Murphy said that this type of thing goes on, on every bench up & down the country every week, regardless of league position.

It has probably been magnified because the fans were so close to the dug out and have not seen it before. I actually don't have a major issue with it, it was the telling the fans to #### off that I thought was wrong.

The problem we have now is that fans are looking for the slightest of excuses to have a pop at the players. I dread to think what lies ahead. I can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

They actually work most days training and representing the club in other capacities.

Both would have only gone in due to injury and at the time of the flare up, they couldn't have gone on because we'd made 3 subs.

Spitting a couple of bits of chewing gum over 90 minutes, does not mean they were not ready to go on or supporting the team.

If he's saying that this is the norm, at every club, you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill by suggesting the two players care any led about their club just because of this.

I don't know how many were listening to Talksport this morning but Danny Murphy said that this type of thing goes on, on every bench up & down the country every week, regardless of league position.

It has probably been magnified because the fans were so close to the dug out and have not seen it before. I actually don't have a major issue with it, it was the telling the fans to #### off that I thought was wrong.

The problem we have now is that fans are looking for the slightest of excuses to have a pop at the players. I dread to think what lies ahead. I can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

Yeah it goes on up and down the country Cus most footballers are pricks and unprofessional immature children!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would have thought that any subs would have been interested enough to concentrate on the match. 

I think it says a lot about how much they care about the club. 

This is the key, isn't it? Is Joleon Lescott an expert on Wycombe's forward players? Does he know if they prefer to cut inside? Does he even know which foot they mainly use? Because if he doesn't, then he wasn't ready to come on the field. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I listened to him and for a second I could see his point of view. Then I thought no no no. They are at work. They are only at work for a couple of hours and they get paid a fortune. Their job whilst on the bench is to support the team and be ready to go on if called upon. I don't see which part of spitting chewing gum contributes to that. Regardless of how things are going, I think it's unacceptable.

There you go again with the money thing. Get over it. Someone is always going to earn more than you.

Bringing up their salary in every argument adds nothing to your point. It's irrelevant.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is the key, isn't it? Is Joleon Lescott an expert on Wycombe's forward players? Does he know if they prefer to cut inside? Does he even know which foot they mainly use? Because if he doesn't, then he wasn't ready to come on the field. 

I take your point but I don't know, I don't think the starting CBs knew any of that either. He could have been brought on as a LB too. But yeah, it just goes to show that not every player on the bench is an Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

They should have made the pair of them go and pick up every last bit of gum.  Did anyone see the pics of the touchline?  There must have been about 30 bits of spat out gum lying there.  Disgusting.  I'd get severely reprimanded if I did that in amateur league football.  The groundsman has to go and pick up that mess because they were enjoying some silly little childish game?

They surely KNOW there are fans sitting yards away from them who have paid a fortune to get there and watch their team.  Passionate fans who actually care about the team unlike most of the players.   The last thing they need is this sort of attitude from our players.  How many ANYONE possibly defend these morons?  

I don't want to see Lescott or Guzan in a Villa shirt ever again.

• Like 1

I'm sure most of us would be somewhat OK with them acting like bored teenagers on the sideline IF they were performing on the pitch when they do play.

As it is now they are performing horrible while being payed very much money by the club.

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well I do. They are paid, and paid well to be there. They are not volunteers, doing the club a favour.

What else are they meant to be doing, they go and warm up when the manager sends them to do that but when they are not doing are they just supposed to stare at the match and not speak to each other?

Just an excuse to get on the players backs, if they are on the pitch playing badly then fine be critical. If they are not playing and sitting in the dugout then it's a bit twatish to be honest.

Â