Adama Traore

mwj

That dribble he did today was frightening :lol: Got to be worth the last 20 today, I hope he is given a start soon.  What is there to lose?  During that dribble he looked up at least twice to see what other options he had on which is promising, and his crossing in that video looks excellent, so he obviously has it it in his locker.  It's just hard to make a fantastic impression in 5 minutes, it's easy to try too hard.

This lad getting 5 minute cameos.....:rolleyes:

I half expected VT debate to just ignore the run and have endless pages of the miscontrol at the end.

The lad for me has to get a run of starts over xmas. Purely as he's someone who can excite people and as we've seen from previous sides actually running at defences and committing people will create space for others like Ayew.

Please no more Sinclair, I'm stick to death of players like him doing feck all over 90 minutes, reasons why we're getting relegated.

24 minutes ago, KSV said:

He actually tracked back in this match 

I genuinely think this lad is desperate to prove himself here, he's not another one just coming to take the money and move on at the end of the season.

That's a good point made about Newcastle, whenever I've seen them their defence has been torn apart by pace, Montero murdered Janmatt at start of season and Palace scored 5 the other week.

He needs a run of starts.

at this point I wouldn't want to see him remain an impact sub. considering that we rarely make an impact at all (if we do it's usually too late) he might as well be given a few starts so we can hit the ground kicking from the very start and not when we're fighting a losing battle.

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

From a tactical perspective, we do need him two help put defensively, however his pace will frighten fullbacks and keep them from bombing on all the time.

We need to be able to get the ball to him though.

Think I'd stick Bacuna in midfield and tell him to cover Adama from the right.

Veretout played some nice balls to Hutton in the second half so think he's got the vision now to find Adama early so he can hurt teams. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

From a tactical perspective, we do need him two help put defensively, however his pace will frighten fullbacks and keep them from bombing on all the time.

You are spot on. The way we play now reminds me very much of the last 18 months under Lambert. We are too cautions and far more concerned with what the opposition can do to us and not what we can do to the opposition and this is really highlighted in the wide positions. Far too often our wide players starting position is in his own half and this just simply invites the opposing sides full back to push up. We need to be far more positive and start putting opposing teams on the back foot and Traore is one of very few players that we have who can do this.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think I'd stick Bacuna in midfield and tell him to cover Adama from the right.

Veretout played some nice balls to Hutton in the second half so think he's got the vision now to find Adama early so he can hurt teams. 

Who would you play as LB?

Not ready yet but he won't get any more ready by playing 10 minutes (less today) as a game changer. 

He needs time to improve his decision making and realise he can pass instead of just running, only game time will give him that. He's poor defensively but he's also guaranteed to be double marked, or marked very tightly, that leaves you space elsewhere.

Now we've got a run of potentially winnable games coming up, he has to be given a chance for me and start some games. Can understand when we play the likes of Arsenal, City & Everton but not Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland. 

Â