Adama Traore

mwj

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd could't agree more. The lack of intensity at the start of the game was a disgrace given the importance of the game. Arsenal didn't even earn the win as they never had to get out of second gear.

I don't necessarily dispute this, but the start of the game we seemed very comfortable and were keeping the ball nicely.  Throwing yourselves into attack against Arsenal, especially when a lowly club, is suicide.

Hutton's foul threw the good start away and we immediately seemed to retreat into our shells - confidence.  After half-time, we were better... but I don't think Arsenal did much either.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Richard said:

Maybe we need a bit more schoolyard.  At least in the school yard the kids show a bit of passion and actually want the **** ball.  This lot would do well to show half as much.  Honestly so pissed off with what I saw in the first half yesterday.  Its ok having limited skill thats not their fault but then to actually show no passion or fight that is inexcusable

Traore actually causes problems for opposing defenders, how many of our player actually do that? Maybe Ayew on a good day, but that's it. He has to play. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Traore actually causes problems for opposing defenders, how many of our player actually do that? Maybe Ayew on a good day, but that's it. He has to play. 

He has to play for me, a few mins here and there is just shit

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

At 2-0 down against Arsenal he had to come on. They were going to win, we just had to score to make it tense. Came on far too late.

Against Newcastle I'd be cautious, the best relegation surviving managers stop goals going in though I take your point that without an attack we can't win anyway!
In the next few games I can understand if he doesn't start even if sense dictates that we need to score some goals. Has to come on early if we're losing and especially to play on the pitch with Gestede. He wants to be a hero that much is clear and I think he'll cross to someone tall, he's much less likely to cross to crappy Sinclair and short Ayew though I can see a low hit Valencia type cross being very useful for his all round game.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

18 hours ago, bobzy said:

eitI don't necessarily dispute this, but the start of the game we seemed very comfortable and were keeping the ball nicely.  Throwing yourselves into attack against Arsenal, especially when a lowly club, is suicide.

Hutton's foul threw the good start away and we immediately seemed to retreat into our shells - confidence.  After half-time, we were better... but I don't think Arsenal did much either.

Agree.

I may be misinterpreting a couple of posts but it sounds like a call for exactly the passionate "up and at em" approach Sherwood tried and failed with. And Lambert away at Arsenal.

I actually thought we started exactly how you would want against Arsenal and the only time we got it slightly wrong they scored.

Suppose it depends whether you see it as lack of urgency/ passion etc or a deliberate idea ?

As for Traore specifically, I'd start him instead of Sinclair, although I suspect Garde is trying to get familiarity for Ayew, Sinclair playing off Gestede, so the alternative is 30/40 minutes second half.

He certainly looks very destructive and I agree he simply has to be used somehow.

In a way, being relegated will be fun just to see Traore ripping it up in the Championship - will be good development for him, and possibly Jack too. Can you imagine Traore against Rotherham or Preston? We'd only need to field him and a keeper and still win 7-0. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

In a way, being relegated will be fun just to see Traore ripping it up in the Championship - will be good development for him, and possibly Jack too. Can you imagine Traore against Rotherham or Preston? We'd only need to field him and a keeper and still win 7-0. 

We played him against notts county and still only won 5-3, think your being a bit cocky there. the championship wont be easy. and i think he may leave anyway. noway we going to keep him on those wages

Edited by Demitri_C

Is the wage story true? I don't know, but it doesn't make a lot of sense surely to have such a steep increase in a contract so soon after the contract begins, what would be the reason for that timing? And given he's come in this year, he is surely on a relegation clause like everyone else. But then again, never say never with Villa.

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If he's on 70k/week and if that doesn't have an automatic reduction as a result of relegation I think we'll be forced to sell him. He might be one of the small number of assets people are interested in purchasing. 

Not sure anyone will be interested. He has explosive pace but no end product. That is why he is not starting for us, and why other teams might prefer a player who is not so fast and tricky, but has an effect on the game.

33 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Not sure anyone will be interested. He has explosive pace but no end product. That is why he is not starting for us, and why other teams might prefer a player who is not so fast and tricky, but has an effect on the game.

I agree totally with all of that now, and have said so repeatedly in this thread, but he pretty clearly has a lot of potential. Anyone who bought him from us - well, anyone sensible, anyway - would be introducing him very slowly, with baby steps, working hard on exploiting that explosive potential. He should have gone to Stoke, Mark Hughes would have brought him through the right way. 

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Gabby, Nzogbia, Richards, Traore, and Lescott will all be gone next season due to wages

That this will have little effect on the overall quality of our first team speaks volumes about our plight. Let's promote some yoof and enjoy our club again.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That this will have little effect on the overall quality of our first team speaks volumes about our plight. Let's promote some yoof and enjoy our club again.

Richards doesnt effect the quality of our first team??

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree totally with all of that now, and have said so repeatedly in this thread, but he pretty clearly has a lot of potential. Anyone who bought him from us - well, anyone sensible, anyway - would be introducing him very slowly, with baby steps, working hard on exploiting that explosive potential. He should have gone to Stoke, Mark Hughes would have brought him through the right way. 

I agree about his potential, but it might not be that easy to coach his natural game out of him. I think he should have had a bit more football nous at this stage, he has already been coached by what would be among the best coaches available.

If we do get relegated, and I refuse to give up hope, I do not think any of our young players will be leaving, they just have not shown enough for us to tempt another club.

Â