Adama Traore

mwj

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he is a bit dim. Why is he trying fancy skills when 2-0 down? Seems all about him in my opinion. I don't think he is aware there are 10 more players in his team and we totally in the shit! 

I'm not sure thats the conclusion i'd come to from todays performance. The manager gave him no time to turn things around so I can imagine it was more about doing something to stand out and grab a place in the team.

I'm completely sceptical about this guy, for reasons that have been discussed to death on here, but I'm not opposed to giving him a start next week. I think there's little chance of success, but whatever, there's literally nothing to lose at this point. 

Have to play him every game. We have nothing to lose and he is the only player to excite the fans. If we are going to lose and get relegated we may as well have a player that does things to excite us

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Our current attacking play involves giving hit Hutton to hit crosses in! Laughably.

He should start never mind cameo's.

14 assists last season old as an 18 year so I'll debunk this doesn't pass myth right here, right now.

No, you won't. Nobody has said he never passes ever. What people have said is he passes way too little. I don't know how to quote posts properly from previous pages, but two pages back, mallett wrote an excellent post:

'I think Garde has gently made the point that as a player who has grown up at Barcelona - he has already been at the best place in the world for learning to pass and he still doesn't do it. There is a fascinating stat from an article on Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546620-why-barcelona-starlet-adama-traore-is-worth-the-premier-league

Last season at Barcelona B Traore completed 243 successful dribbles (considerably more than 2nd placed Eden Hazard - 180 and 3rd placed Messi - 173). His success rate was 58% which is reasonably impressive but also means he attempted to dribble 419 times and lost the ball 176 times when dribbling. That is an unprofessional level of selfishness - more akin to schoolboy football - and is not very good for any football team let alone one in our position. It represents an enormous number of missed opportunities to do something else which would have developed the team's attack. Remember it didn't do Barcelona B a whole lot of good as they were relegated.

He is a fantastic talent but Garde is right to need him to pass more before he brings him into the team properly.'

You see the point. He gives the ball away, a lot. The point is not that he never passes, but that he rarely passes, and gives the ball away regularly when he doesn't pass. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Our current attacking play involves giving hit Hutton to hit crosses in! Laughably.

He should start never mind cameo's.

14 assists last season old as an 18 year so I'll debunk this doesn't pass myth right here, right now.

You do make me chuckle with your claims of debunking and proving/disproving certain things. You're on a roll today, the match thread in particular was gold.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why do we need to keep the ball so much. None of our players are capable of doing anything. 

I'd rather Adama lose it 75% of the time and create something decent 25% of the time than Sinclair or whoever keeping the ball and nothing comes from it.

Are you kidding? We're not talking about a kickaround with mates. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why do we need to keep the ball so much. None of our players are capable of doing anything. 

I'd rather Adama lose it 75% of the time and create something decent 25% of the time than Sinclair or whoever keeping the ball and nothing comes from it.

That's a fair point but Garde is clearly trying to solidify us as a team. We are incredibly fragile and having a player who is playing his own game doesn't help that. Like it or not this appears to be Garde's approach.

Tbh though he didn't really get much of a look in with Timmy 'Gung Ho' Sherwood when he was fit either.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Well how have we got on without him and trying to keep the ball? 

What's Sinclair passing it back to Bacuna going to achieve? Adama may lose it a lot but that's because he will be trying to attack every time he gets the ball.

If that doesn't interest you in our current position or excite you as a fan then nothing will.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's a fair point but Garde is clearly trying to solidify us as a team. We are incredibly fragile and having a player who is playing his own game doesn't help that. Like it or not this appears to be Garde's approach.

Tbh though he didn't really get much of a look in with Timmy 'Gung Ho' Sherwood when he was fit either.

He came on against palace and started in the cup. He was never fully fit then until recently.

If that's the approach he's taking, he's not doing a good job and its not going to keep us up.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's a fair point but Garde is clearly trying to solidify us as a team.

And he's clearly doing a bad job. as is anyone arguing against Adama starting.

Very bad.

The Hotle knows, and I know.

He's the only player capable of keeping us up. Not an opinion, but a fact. 

Edited by supernova26

Â