Adama Traore

mwj

9 hours ago, gharperr said:

this is why hes so frustrating. he done his job just by being on the pitch and making teams over protect vs him. pass it please!! stop trying to take everyone when passing is so much better in majority of scenarios he gets into. bit of intelligence would make him go far

Agreed. You'd think the gaffer would simply say, pass more and you'll play more.

I think Garde has gently made the point that as a player who has grown up at Barcelona - he has already been at the best place in the world for learning to pass and he still doesn't do it. There is a fascinating stat from an article on Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546620-why-barcelona-starlet-adama-traore-is-worth-the-premier-league

Last season at Barcelona B Traore completed 243 successful dribbles (considerably more than 2nd placed Eden Hazard - 180 and 3rd placed Messi - 173). His success rate was 58% which is reasonably impressive but also means he attempted to dribble 419 times and lost the ball 176 times when dribbling. That is an unprofessional level of selfishness - more akin to schoolboy football - and is not very good for any football team let alone one in our position. It represents an enormous number of missed opportunities to do something else which would have developed the team's attack. Remember it didn't do Barcelona B a whole lot of good as they were relegated.

He is a fantastic talent but Garde is right to need him to pass more before he brings him into the team properly.

• Like 1

I think the general consensus is that you can be the best dribbler in the world but if you've got no end product cos u can't pick ur head up and pick the pass then your dribbling skills arnt worth shit really..

he's got so much flair it's generally incredible to watch, he mesmerises players but he needs to develop a football brain to pick a pass and make the most of his absurd talent

18 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I think the general consensus is that you can be the best dribbler in the world but if you've got no end product cos u can't pick ur head up and pick the pass then your dribbling skills arnt worth shit really..

he's got so much flair it's generally incredible to watch, he mesmerises players but he needs to develop a football brain to pick a pass and make the most of his absurd talent

Hence why the Harlem Globetrotters are not an NBA team!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I love that vid for the simple fact that of the first 5 action clips three are of him getting the ball and simply laying it off to a team mate (including a really nice crossfield ball to Hutton).

Do people know who he is on the pitch or are they just confusing him with Bacuna or Sanchez?!

Edit: Looks to have a really nice cross on him aswell from the under 21 highlights. 

Edited by VillaChris

9 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

How is a quality player like that not good enough for our first team ffs.

Baffled

I think he has to be given ago from the start sooner rather than later, perhaps the next couple of games he should make more of a substantial appearance from the bench but eventually I want him starting.

He's the only one in the squad with genuine top level pace on the ball, the only one who can genuine shit defenders up. I think he's the only one who can cause havoc so on that basis he should be playing. Players like Scott Sinclair do absolutely **** all, Traore should be in ahead of shite like that.

Sinclair was actually decent today, but Traore needs more than 5 minutes ffs and should probably be starting simply to try something different.  We look lethargic going forward.

Play Ayew centrally, play Traore and one of Gil/Grealish/Sinclair wide and have Veretout tucked in behind the striker somewhere.  At least we'd be fluid and look to create.

Yeah I'd like to see him getting more time than he did today.

Although I think one of his biggest assets is teams not knowing about him. Even today, his run was amazing. But straight after that Arsenal doubled up on him and the next few times he got the ball he had nowhere to go.

In the run we've got coming up though he needs to play more. Newcastle's defence has been as bad as ours this season. Traore will stretch them.

Obviously, he goes from the sublime (amazing run) to the ridiculous (when he dribbled it out of play). But for me, it's a totally brainless decision by Garde to only think to bring him on with literally 5 minutes to go. 

He made an instant impact, and is an obvious threat to any fullback he plays against. He has to get more game time, he should have come on at least at the 70 minute mark. Sinclair was doing absolutely **** all in the second half. 

• Like 2

Well, despite tackling himself and running the ball out of play (silly mistakes due to lack of consistant gametime, easy to iron out) he does far more positive than negative. Makes players think, goes FORWARD. We literally have nothing to lose now, but yeah - Cant wait to see him for another 4 minutes next week. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously, he goes from the sublime (amazing run) to the ridiculous (when he dribbled it out of play). But for me, it's a totally brainless decision by Garde to only think to bring him on with literally 5 minutes to go. 

He made an instant impact, and is an obvious threat to any fullback he plays against. He has to get more game time, he should have come on at least at the 70 minute mark. Sinclair was doing absolutely **** all in the second half. 

Yeah, pretty much this.  Sinclair was decent first half and started to tail off.  65 minutes or so gone, we should have brought on Traore.

Â