Adama Traore

mwj

1 minute ago, penguin said:

It wasn't so much a debate as an argument of semantics and few people making wild baseless claims, so the majority sensible argument seemed to boil to he was worth a go because he couldn't be any worse than Gestede. But we'll just have agree to disagree there at the risk of going wildy off-topic.

I just think Garde thinks he's not ready, he may have a point, but it's looking increasingly clear to a lot of people that he needs to be given a shot. And I will be extremely surprised if he doesn't play 30+ minutes in the next game, and play well, barring an injury or any other unforeseen circumstances.

I don't know how somebody with nearly 2,000 posts on the forum can state that 'wild baseless claims' and 'arguments of semantics' don't constitute debate on VillaTalk! :P

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you start him? What do we have to lose by doing so?

He came on, beat 4 players and hit a wicked strike just wide. With his first touches of the ball. I'd rather start him, Gil and Ayew up front set the other 8 players to defend than watch the disjointed mess that we have now. I feel like every minute he's fit and NOT starting right now is a criminal offence.

I don't mind him giving the ball away 50%, heck even 80% of the time. It's what he does when he doesn't that I'm interested in. He's phenomenal. Not a single soul outside of these boards and our fanbase in general can understand why he isn't the very first name on the teamsheet. I'm with them.

I understand what you are saying completely and I certainly wouldn't be against him starting games by any means. I just feel that teams start games more cautiously, feeling each other out and obviously completely fresh-legged (is that a term). I think maximum value and effectiveness would be had him coming on when the other team has settled into their rhythm and there are some tired legs. 

I understand what you are saying too. I would counter that regardless of how tired the opposition are, or settled, what he offers is simply unplayable when he gets it right. He's the most explosive player I've seen pull on the claret and blue and he's not just kick and rush either, his close control is clearly very good.

He does everything at a million bazillion miles an hour, so he will lose the ball. A lot. And he will make poor decisions. A lot. Whether the first minute or the last. What he won't stop being is by FAR our biggest weapon. So instead of allowing teams to start cautiously, why not put the shits up them from the get go?

Also a factor is that we are **** anyway, so we might as well get some enjoyment from the rest of the season.

• Like 3

I'm sick to death of players like Hutton, Sinclair and Gestede playing game after game just because they are honest, hard working players. 

Here we have a wild, young precocious talent and he gets 5-10 minutes a game. An Arsenal fan I know asked how this guy didn't get more minutes. 

When your club keeps overlooking obvious things that a simple fan on the street can see, it makes you wonder why you are still watching week after week. 

• Like 1

There are many arguments surrounding this player, not fit, can't pass etc.

For what he is good at why not play him up front in the centre.

maybe a cameo roll......but he is like a steam train, he could cause so much damage through the middle and wouldn't have to pass the ball......he could fall in to the net with it.

If he only starts one game this season, I'd make it Newcastle next week.

Their defence (although improved recently) has looked like the only defence in the league more shambolic than ours.

Plus we're at a stage where people don't really know about Adama yet. He took Arsenal by surprise today.

I can see him creating something next week before Newcastle know what hit them.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If he only starts one game this season, I'd make it Newcastle next week.

Their defence (although improved recently) has looked like the only defence in the league more shambolic than ours.

Plus we're at a stage where people don't really know about Adama yet. He took Arsenal by surprise today.

I can see him creating something next week before Newcastle know what hit them.

What can we lose?

11 hours ago, penguin said:

I'm not sure thats the conclusion i'd come to from todays performance. The manager gave him no time to turn things around so I can imagine it was more about doing something to stand out and grab a place in the team.

You could argue he did more in his 5 minute burst than some of other players have done all season. if he doesnt start next week then Garde is a clown

I think Traore needs more game time, and I'd start him against Newcastle, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if managers just dropped 2 (hell, maybe 3) players on him and it completely nullified us because he doesn't pass the ball enough.

He's scary how much potential he has, though, and at least he's exciting.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think Traore needs more game time, and I'd start him against Newcastle, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if managers just dropped 2 (hell, maybe 3) players on him and it completely nullified us because he doesn't pass the ball enough.

He's scary how much potential he has, though, and at least he's exciting.

You can see this every time he's come on.

His first run is always scintillating, then teams immediately put a player or two on him and he's nullified.  Even yesterday, I know he didn't have much of a chance, but you could see immediately after that one run Arsenal gave him no space after that and he couldn't do much.

He should still be playing more, imo, as he only needs to break out of that a couple of times and he could create something. But I understand why managers have been reluctant to give him more time so far.

• Like 1

That's why he should start with Gil and Grealish. So we actually have more than one option. If they double team him then we get the ball to another quality player. 

The problem is we usually only have 1 decent option for the majority of the game and become very easy to stop.

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, you're right.

Blind alleys all day long please, Adama.

Maybe,  maybe not some blind alleys may turn out but to be honest what else have we got to look forward to?  In addition the point I was trying to make was If I were the only player with skill and my team mates were shite as they are why the **** would I pass to them

Just now, Richard said:

Maybe,  maybe not some blind alleys may turn out but to be honest what else have we got to look forward to?  In addition the point I was trying to make was If I were the only player with skill and my team mates were shite as they are why the **** would I pass to them

I agree with your first part. He only needs one or two blind alleys to open up and he'll create something.

Your second point kind of ruins it though. That's a very school yard way of looking at things.

• Like 1

Maybe we need a bit more schoolyard.  At least in the school yard the kids show a bit of passion and actually want the **** ball.  This lot would do well to show half as much.  Honestly so pissed off with what I saw in the first half yesterday.  Its ok having limited skill thats not their fault but then to actually show no passion or fight that is inexcusable

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

Maybe we need a bit more schoolyard.  At least in the school yard the kids show a bit of passion and actually want the **** ball.  This lot would do well to show half as much.  Honestly so pissed off with what I saw in the first half yesterday.  Its ok having limited skill thats not their fault but then to actually show no passion or fight that is inexcusable

Well that's a completely different point to the one you made up there.

The suggestion Adama shouldn't pass because the team are't very good is pretty ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You can see this every time he's come on.

His first run is always scintillating, then teams immediately put a player or two on him and he's nullified.  Even yesterday, I know he didn't have much of a chance, but you could see immediately after that one run Arsenal gave him no space after that and he couldn't do much.

He should still be playing more, imo, as he only needs to break out of that a couple of times and he could create something. But I understand why managers have been reluctant to give him more time so far.

The most reasonable and accurate thing I have heard on this subject...

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'd could't agree more. The lack of intensity at the start of the game was a disgrace given the importance of the game. Arsenal didn't even earn the win as they never had to get out of second gear.

• Like 1

I think Traore has many flaws to his game, I do however think he should start every game from now on so at least there may be some entertaining moments during matches instead of being bored shitless week in week out

• Like 1

Â