Adama Traore

mwj

Adama has more goals and assists per playing minute than any other of our players (by a country mile). Like I say, lets not overcomplicate it.

I don't give a brown bob about his defensive attributes, not his job, not Messi's job, not Ronaldo's job.

Maybe if he was called Adama Latraoe he'd get a game.

Who cares if he's young, raw etc we're not asking him to win the league....just a few games to keep up from relegation. Just clichéd rubbish as usual.

Edited by supernova26

34 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Adama has more goals and assists per playing minute than any other of our players (by a country mile). Like I say, lets not overcomplicate it.

I don't give a brown bob about his defensive attributes, not his job, not Messi's job, not Ronaldo's job.

Who cares if he's young, raw etc we're not asking him to win the league....just a few games to keep up from relegation. Just clichéd rubbish as usual.

Well, December 10th was quite late, but congratulations on stealing 'the most asinine post of the year award' right at the 11th hour. 

EDIT: Though I have to admire the chutzpah in you calling other people's contributions 'cliched rubbish', when all you're offering is a plan to lump the guy up front, and the best argument you can muster for it is 'let's not overcomplicate it'. If only Garde could have the clarity of your vision. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

This probably sounds a bit far fetched but our survival could actually depend on this guy coming good. We can all see that based on raw talent and pace we have never such a player at the club. It's just his ability to play with a team and tactical awareness seems to be non existence. If we can some how unleash him correctly he could be our key to survival! What you think?

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, no harsher standards. I just don't think he's very good right now. To be clear, I think he has more potential than anyone else in the squad by far. A much higher ceiling than everyone else, including Grealish. But right now, he's a dead end. He's way too raw to even be starting games in his natural position, let alone lumping him in a role he's never played before and telling him to save our season. 

Come on N'zogbia's played more minutes than him in the last month, Sinclair starts game after game doing naff all, Gabby will probably be given a start on Sunday and hailed yet again as a saviour when we all know what the end result of that declaration will be. He deserves a chance and some starts over xmas as guess what we need to win some bleeding games.

gharperr I never said play him directly upfront, in the 4-3-3 play him in the wide right position which is where he is playing....Ayew on the left and errrr......what's Carew up to nowadays. 

• Like 1

I think he should be given a run of games. The other options aren't that great so why not? Just tell hutton that he will likely need to stay back to cover or if we are playing a 4-3-3, just have Gana shift over occasionally. 

5 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Absolute

twaddle

(the bit about other people's opinions being cliched rubbish I mean. The first part of the post is fine. I disagree with it completely, but it's fine)

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, supernova26 said:

I don't give a brown bob about his defensive attributes, not his job, not Messi's job,

do you actually think messi doesnt defend? Hes been part of one of the sickest counter-pressing teams to ever exist

I should get more game time, he's one of the few players we have that will make opposing defenders very anxious and has the sort of unbelievable pace and acceleration that most fullbacks will find a bit of a nightmare to play against. 

Perhaps he shouldn't be starting, but he certainly should be getting more game time off the bench. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I should get more game time, he's one of the few players we have that will make opposing defenders very anxious and has the sort of unbelievable pace and acceleration that most fullbacks will find a bit of a nightmare to play against. 

Perhaps he shouldn't be starting, but he certainly should be getting more game time off the bench. 

I don't think I'd use the word "should"

I'd like to see him get more game time. But I don't think he's shown so far that he SHOULD be getting it.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think I'd use the word "should"

I'd like to see him get more game time. But I don't think he's shown so far that he SHOULD be getting it.

Insofar as he's come here for quite a lot of money, has clear assets that we can exploit (pace, dribbling, some ability to cross a football), and given we are looking appalling going forward, I think he probably should be getting some sort of game time. 

But he doesn't exploit any of those assets.

My point is our desire for him to have more game time is based on a hope that he'll get better.

I share it. What I mean is he's showed, so far, that he's not that good yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But he doesn't exploit any of those assets.

My point is our desire for him to have more game time is based on a hope that he'll get better.

I share it. What I mean is he's showed, so far, that he's not that good yet.

I think he exploited them against Palace and then the cup game after that. and although frustrating against Watford, he still got in down their right hand side and couple of times and troubled them when running at them, causing them to get 2 or 3 players around him whenever he had the ball (unless I imagined that). 

I think so far he has shown that he should be given more time, off the bench, not necessarily to start, but looks more effective than most of the players we tend to bring on in the second half. 

He did that once against Watford, the first thing he did when they got the ball. After that Capoue just smothered him whenever he got th eball and he spent the rest of the game trying to dribble around players and failing.

I agree the cup game was exciting, but it was Notts County.

I think he deserves more time, as that's the only way he'll get better.
But I don't agree that he's looked very effective so far.

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he exploited them against Palace and then the cup game after that. and although frustrating against Watford, he still got in down their right hand side and couple of times and troubled them when running at them, causing them to get 2 or 3 players around him whenever he had the ball (unless I imagined that). 

this is why hes so frustrating. he done his job just by being on the pitch and making teams over protect vs him. pass it please!! stop trying to take everyone when passing is so much better in majority of scenarios he gets into. bit of intelligence would make him go far

Edited by gharperr

Â