Adama Traore

mwj

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree about his potential, but it might not be that easy to coach his natural game out of him. I think he should have had a bit more football nous at this stage, he has already been coached by what would be among the best coaches available.

If we do get relegated, and I refuse to give up hope, I do not think any of our young players will be leaving, they just have not shown enough for us to tempt another club.

Fair point. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were all stuck at Villa due to their wages.

Nzogbia is out of contract, Gabby will go to the middle east or USA, someone will take Richards, someone will take Traore.

Erm, hopefully Lescott retires?

I hope we will keep much of the squad together.  A year in the Championship, whilst a disaster for the club, would personally do some of the players some good, and hopefully they'd start the next season in the Prem with some momentum, assuming we get promoted.

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Nzogbia is out of contract, Gabby will go to the middle east or USA, someone will take Richards, someone will take Traore.

Erm, hopefully Lescott retires?

Lescott went to China in my Football Manager game and earns 215k a week. Hopefully that could happen ;)

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Don't most teams keep the main team together? QPR and Hull didn't seem to lose loads and neither did Newcastle. 

We will probably have a massive clearout. I'm sure there will be a new plan/project that pans out to be a totally shit idea. They are probably working on it now

Fox addressed the wage rumours in an interview with Tom Ross.

The question put to him was whether there was truth in the rumour that we couldn't play Adama because we couldn't afford to (I assume because of some appearance based clause) and I think, although I'm reading between the lines, that Fox answered the question also addressing the rumours that he's on 75k a week or whatever.

He said something along the lines of

"I don't know where those rumour started." "Nobody has sight of the player's contract apart from those inside the club." "There's no way he can be our most expensive player no matter how many times he starts" "[money] is nothing to do with whether he is or isn't in the team"

14 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agbonlahor, Lescott and Richards will all see out their contracts.

I think we will have virtually the same squad next year as this. 

I think your dreaming mate, i can see most of the squad leaving

I think Richards, Lescott, possibly Okore, Amavi when fit, Gana, Sanchez, Veretout, Grealish, Gabby, Ayew are all likely to be sold on. What's worrying is if that is a championship team with some Prem quality like we're witnessing, the duffers and cloggers remaining/returning from loan are going to be league 1 standard....

It's a whole different game from the 70's. I still remember feeling so empty and miserable, and it took a long time to get over it, believe me.

Today, the game is pretty much unrecognisable from the grass roots..thr working mans game I grew up with.

Am I bothered about the possibility of relegation? Sure.

Will it break my heart? Nah, not any more.

Edited by AValon
Ooops wrong thread
  • Like 3

Â