Adama Traore

mwj

Well I'm not easily impressed by individuals, took me time over Gil, think Grealish has it but a lot to do, but I have to say with the position we are in we should , against anyone outside the top six, play this guy up front and just keep giving him the ball. He COULD wreak havoc, and I'm not sure we've much to lose.

He obviously isn't really ready for 1st Team football but 45 minutes of him on song......

34 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

A complete and utter waste of money for me.

To young to give a monkeys about our situation, and too far from the finished article to make a difference.

he might not give a shit, but he's quite clearly talented enough to help the team

A complete and utter waste of money for me.

To young to give a monkeys about our situation, and too far from the finished article to make a difference.

Looked to me he was the only one who bothered showing any urgency at throw ins and so on in the last ten minutes on Saturday. He might not care but at least he looked like he did.

2 hours ago, Hanky said:

Looked to me he was the only one who bothered showing any urgency at throw ins and so on in the last ten minutes on Saturday. He might not care but at least he looked like he did.

There's no denying he has talent. His power and pace are freighting. But you can't beat 5 men with dribbles at this level.

He wants to walk it into the goal.

I don't know anymore, too angry to care. Hope he proves me wrong asap.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Stick him up front, he's that quick that if he's our most advanced player he may not need to pass.

I agree. We've got a young kid, who never wants to pass, has about a million tricks and is the fastest accelerating player probably in the world. Stick up top and let him do his stuff 

• Like 4

This is the PL though, not under 8s football where you put the fastest kid up front and the biggest kid in goal.

There is a lot more to playing up front that being incredibly fast at this level. I would say our main issue at the moment is that the ball just doesn't stick and their isn't an 'easy' target, there is nobody who is going to hold it, bring others into play and is an option to hit.

In an ideal world we would have got Abebayor and I genuinely think we would be nowhere near the bottom.

Edited by rodders0223

5 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Absolute bollocks!  Adebyore would been a complete waste!  Now is not the time for tippy tappy stick him in and tell him to try and score at every opportunity!!!

That's what he does anyway.

And usually it gets him nowhere.

Imagine if all those times he puts his head down and gets tackled, he'd laid it off to a teammate and made a run in behind the fullback?

At the moment he's playing like someone on FIFA who refuses to pass. The guy could be lethal. But he's not going to do that if all he does is try to take on everyone himself.

There could be a lot worse shouts than sticking him up front. Why not?

Fwiw I don't think we'd be anywhere near the position were in with adebayor, townsend and lennon. 

Not that I'd really want those players. Just that we'd have a bit more balance and they are a damn sight better than the dross we've currently got. 

Adebayor would at least give us a focal point. 

Â