Adama Traore

mwj

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree - he was the bee's knees yesterday - just needs someone to get into his head about what it will take to succeed. If he simply moves to another club he'll just repeat his mistakes. Jedinak to penetrate his skull (not like that).

Sherwood, Garde, Black, RDM.. all 4 of them didn't play him. I know he was injured for a part and has had little niggles here and there, but from what I've seen of him he has power and pace, but NO CONCEPT of team work, which is what we don't need. We're building a squad who are going to work and battle together, Adama is a one-man army and out for himself on the pitch. We can replace him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why is everyone laying into him? I don't blame him for wanting to leave tbh. Massive talent and he's never going to improve if he doesn't play.

He hasn't just decided this today. He told RDM straight away that he wanted to leave. No ifs, buts or maybes.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Shouldn't we just get rid of everyone who doesn't want to be here?

Oh I want rid of him if he doesn't want to be here. I just don't like the idea of someone like that costing us a fortune. If we hadn't paid so much including high wages I'd say get rid with any half decent bid. 

I think we need to try and get back a good chunk of money for him. 

23 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why is everyone laying into him? I don't blame him for wanting to leave tbh. Massive talent and he's never going to improve if he doesn't play.

He was in RDM's plans - he played as soon as he was fit against Rotherham. The article goes as far to state RDM wanted him to stay. It's nothing to do with playing time as he would have that here this season.

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sherwood, Garde, Black, RDM.. all 4 of them didn't play him. I know he was injured for a part and has had little niggles here and there, but from what I've seen of him he has power and pace, but NO CONCEPT of team work, which is what we don't need. We're building a squad who are going to work and battle together, Adama is a one-man army and out for himself on the pitch. We can replace him.

RDM wants him to stay - so says the media. The other three managers - well we can discount Black as a 'manager' - Sherwood as a 'manager' and Garde was trying to stop us conceding most of the time. So if RDM wants him to stay, and if the player will begin to listen to those that know better, we can develop him into something special. If RDM won't write him off yet then neither will I, but they guy has a major hurdle to get over - still thinks he is Barcelona quality. He needs a great big crying session to get this out of his system.

Can anyone help me out here. There's this bit of this whole thing I don't understand. Apparently he said something along the lines of "I don't want to play for Aston Villa Football Club". What does this mean? I don't understand. Seems like a collection of words forming some sort of gibberish that makes no logical sense whatsoever to my brain.

• Like 2

He's the kind of player that you could one day see at a massive club akin to Bayern or Real if he puts his head down and has a proper run in a first team somewhere so it would be a shame to lose him. On the flipside, if he never gets a run in a first team you can file him alongside plenty of other players who showed massive talent at a young age and never delivered.

But at the end of that day, if he doesn't want to stay and fight he can do one.

Predictable to be honest. You wonder how much he was actually injured or how much he just couldn't be bothered. I remember Ron Atkinson saying once

'players have a habit of being fit for cup finals' 

He looked a little overweight when he came on saturday. If we get a decent fee lets get rid quickly.....

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Predictable to be honest. You wonder how much he was actually injured or how much he just couldn't be bothered. I remember Ron Atkinson saying once

'players have a habit of being fit for cup finals' 

He looked a little overweight when he came on saturday. If we get a decent fee lets get rid quickly.....

Over weight are you kidding?? 

36 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's been injured most of the time and he was injured in pre season. When he is fit he can't be arsed to turn up on time. The guy is a rocket polisher, will always be a rocket polisher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Over weight are you kidding?? 

As muscle is denser, therefore heavier, than fat, I expect Adama to be heavy for his size. Not sure that qualifies him as overweight though!

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

As muscle is denser, therefore heavier, than fat, I expect Adama to be heavy for his size. Not sure that qualifies him as overweight though!

If he means muscle fair enough, but adama is ripped to shreds, pure muscle

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sherwood, Garde, Black, RDM.. all 4 of them didn't play him.

It's amazing how many people on here fail to grasp this simple concept. If he was any good he'd be in the team. It's the same in the Okore and Veretout threads. "Oh if he got games he'd be a superstar" or "why isn't he playing". Then once these players play a game (i.e. Okore vs. Luton) people realise why they weren't in the team in the first place, because they are aren't good enough. I call it 'Carlos Cuellar' syndrome® , once you are dropped from the team you're automatically 100% better than you actually are.

If Adama was any good he'd be in our team every week. He came billed as a brainless speedster who was selfish and lacked end product. That's exactly what he turned out to be. I don't know the lad but I get the impression if he was half the player he thinks he is he might do okay. The reason he didn't make it at barcelona is the same reason he didn't make it here. Not willing to change his game and work on the things he's bad at and not a team player at all. Having good physical attributes doesn't make you a footballer.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

The irony of how much a long serving Villa player who had a couple poor seasons in a shite team after scoring so many important goals like Gabby is castigated at any opportunity. Yet i'm reading that this premadonna needs an "arm around him" is hilarious. Although i agree with the sentiment thay one of our old heads need to have a chat with him as he is an obvious talent. The hypocrosy is legendary!

Fyi not trying to turn this into a Gabby argument, the same could be said for a few more players past and present. That however is a great example!

• Like 2

Wow. He has done absolutely **** all at Villa and is being paid an obscene amount of money to do so. Now he wants to leave. We really can't afford to have uncommitted players at the club and especially not on those wages. Let's hope we can find some mug to buy him.

• Like 3

Â