Adama Traore

mwj

8 minutes ago, Richie k said:

didnt barcelona have some buy back clause?

Yeah but that's a standard barca policy

the barca thing is partly why he's so overrated, he flirted with a couple of their dead rubber CL squads and cup squads, but he only made 1 appearance, he came from a terrible Barcelona B team that finished bottom of the Spanish second division, he didn't do much for them either

From what I've seen of him I actually think he's a still gamble worth taking but it hasn't paid off

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

A shame as he should have been able to do a real job for us this season.

I think if you look at the squad and the bench and then admit Andre green isn't ready then if we do let him go then we need to replace him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

A shame as he should have been able to do a real job for us this season.

The backlash against him seems a little excessive.

I think it was a poor decision on our part to sign him and a poor decision for him to accept. Not a correct fit really. 

Not bothered about this at all.  The kid is made of glass and doesn't do much on the pitch.  He's exciting and unpredictable but has never really impressed imo. 

One of the worst signings this club has ever made.  Especially at the time when we spent 8m on him.  

I can't remember the last time I was so excited by a new Villa player as when I saw his debut against Crystal Palace. But having had four managers who have not selected him, I can just accept that he wont be the player a had hoped he would be. Besides that it must be disruptive for the team to have a teeanger not ready for the first to come in and be one of the highest earners at the club. 60' a week... that's just insane.    

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

I'm amazed at players saying they want to move and pursuing that goal by being cack.

Surely whether a player wants to stay or go, the best way to do this is by being excellent.

He hasn't done much for the club so far, frankly.

I think someone should tell him that being cack isn't the best way to attract suitors. Benteke worked that out at least.

• Like 1

I don't think he'll be going anywhere. I can't see many first division clubs anywhere taking a punt on a kid who has barely played any first team football anywhere; certainly not for anywhere near what we paid.

Best he could hope for is a loan somewhere and even then I think the club should only agree if the arrangement is advantageous to us. 

This is one of those situations where even if the player wants out the club holds the best cards. It's not like going on strike would change anything, and i can't see him having enough influence in the dressing room to cause any problems.

Disappointing in a time we are crying out for midfield creativity and had a bench so lacking in it the other night we need players like him to be playing an active part . I think he could have ripped this league to pieces . If he goes we need two players , with him staying I was thinking one only 

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

Disappointing in a time we are crying out for midfield creativity and had a bench so lacking in it the other night we need players like him to be playing an active part . I think he could have ripped this league to pieces . If he goes we need two players , with him staying I was thinking one only 

The last bit of this tickled me - it seems so obvious!

IMO we don't really have the time or conditions to allow him to develop sufficiently - it's best for everyone if he went, I think. 

Be interesting to see how his career pans out but I think it'll either be very good or pretty bad, not much room for average.

For all there faults, Sherwood, Garde and Black have played the game for multiple decades.

All 3 of them have viewed him and separately concluded he has the football brain of a tadpole.

A body builder trying to be a footballer. Hope we get something back for him.

Â