Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Can't believe we have paid over £10m for two players who would have improved our squad and then let them go our on loan , for next to no fee with no option to recall them, its more of the same old  if we have , poor decision

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It always amazes me how in a players absence they suddenly become the player we desperately need...

He wasn't very good last season, and wouldn't be very good this season. Nothing to see here...

Whilst I agree... I also think we need 3 in central midfield and if it was between Veretout and Westwood, I know who I'd choose. 

• Like 3

We paid for him to play for us , if he doesn't want to play for us then we should stop paying him and he shouldn't be playing for anyone else. Career over. All this pussy footing around players , him spouting off about not wanting to play in a lower league is bollox.

We should play hard ball and send a message out to all the players that we are willing to fight for the club and make the decisions that are right for us , not everyone else .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

We should play hard ball and send a message out to all the players that we are willing to fight for the club and make the decisions that are right for us , not everyone else .

Didnt we do that with Joe Bennet? 

7 hours ago, tinker said:

We paid for him to play for us , if he doesn't want to play for us then we should stop paying him and he shouldn't be playing for anyone else. Career over. All this pussy footing around players , him spouting off about not wanting to play in a lower league is bollox.

Amusing.

This is an era where Wayne Rooney was dictating to United and Fergie and Sterling,a snot nosed teenager was dictating to one of the biggest clubs in European history.

Good luck playing "hardball" You usually just end up paying some words removed salary to sit in your reserves, whilst he winds down his contract, his value dwindles and you lose him on a free.

He didn't want to be here, we have no power, no club has power..

Edited by rodders0223

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Is he better than Gardner?  Yes. 

Is he better than Westwood?  Yes

Is he better than Jedinak?  From what I've seen of him so far...  Yes. 

That's the reason he should be in the squad.  How people can't see the lad has talent is a bit unbelievable to me.  

As poor as those three are, was he actually ever better than any of them?

Or is it the same wishful thinking that people had when they were crying about Kozak not being in the team ahead of Gestede - and we all know how that panned out.

I don't remember much of how he played to be quite honest, but from what I do recall -  I saw nothing that suggested he was anywhere near the quality that his price-tag suggested.

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Is he better than Gardner?  Yes. 

Is he better than Westwood?  Yes

Is he better than Jedinak?  From what I've seen of him so far...  Yes. 

That's the reason he should be in the squad.  How people can't see the lad has talent is a bit unbelievable to me.  

Are you Simon from XFactor?

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Amusing.

This is an era where Wayne Rooney was dictating to United and Fergie and Sterling,a snot nosed teenager was dictating to one of the biggest clubs in European history.

Good luck playing "hardball" You usually just end up paying some words removed salary to sit in your reserves, whilst he winds down his contract, his value dwindles and you lose him on a free.

He didn't want to be here, we have no power, no club has power..

Hilarious, how much did Sterling sell for? and what happened with Rooney,  he stayed and they won the league. We have lost him for nothing anyway and were contributing to his salary so we came out winners with this one, lol.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Hilarious, how much did Sterling sell for? and what happened with Rooney,  he stayed and they won the league. We have lost him for nothing anyway and were contributing to his salary so we came out winners with this one, lol.

They got £49m for a Sterling they wanted desperately to keep and build their future around.

Rooney got a £300k a week contract.

19 hours ago, Thug said:

As poor as those three are, was he actually ever better than any of them?

Yes, easily and obviously. Hadn't realised he'd said he doesn't want to play for us though. We couldn't have done much more.

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Has he played for Saint Etienne yet? 

Been a regular, started their derby v Lyon at the weekend.

His stock will still be high in France after that good season he had for Nantes.

Sanchez is also playing week in week out at Fiorentina. That was a cracking move for him as they could well make champions league this season.

Gil is the only one not really playing...

Â