Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Everytime I read something about him I get suspicious over the club name Lorient... Why the hell would we spend so much on a striker from Leyton Orient?!

Then I realise I'm an idiot and I've been programmed by the media to use one name where two is correct. Like Brangelina.

Edited by hoaxn

French article that we bid 12m Euros but they want 15m Euros. He's also due to play in a friendly tomorrow.

http://t.co/fKSFGI01UO

Would quote it but it's in French.

Translated roughly by Google:

Reached by phone, the direction of FC Lorient has confirmed that discussions were ongoing with Aston Villa, Birmingham club, about Jordan Ayew. For now, however, no agreement was found for the transfer of the former Marseille, who trained on Friday morning with his teammates and whose name appears in the group called Caen to meet Saturday in Inzinzac -Lochrist. 15 million euros? The club Lorient require about € 15 million to release the Ghanaian international, determined to reach England, and whose departure would enable some recruitment tracks envisaged by the technical direction of the club.

i wouldn't pay more than 8 - 9 mill for him anymore and its time to move on

This is the problem with the Benteke money were going to be held to ransom

Edited by AshVilla

In Express JORDAN AYEW is to have a medical at Aston Villa tomorrow ahead of a £12million transfer, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/593584/Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Medical-Newcastle-deal-confirmed-desperate-Chelsea-snub

But then go on to say

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud spoke out today to deny an approach from Villa. "There has been contact with Newcastle, but never directly with us, only through various intermediaries," he said. "With Newcastle, I suppose you could say there is some truth in their interest. "I've never heard talk of Aston Villa. "They have never contacted us directly nor indirectly, via any agent, at the time of speaking."

So who knows.....all smoke and mirrors

The 'lack of contact' line from Jean-Louis Triaud was regarding Rolan, not Ayew.

It makes sense. The 12 milion figure is more like what Lorient are after for Ayew.

Hopefully unveiled in the new few days? :D

Edited by Sam3773

In Express JORDAN AYEW is to have a medical at Aston Villa tomorrow ahead of a £12million transfer, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/593584/Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Medical-Newcastle-deal-confirmed-desperate-Chelsea-snub

But then go on to say

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud spoke out today to deny an approach from Villa. "There has been contact with Newcastle, but never directly with us, only through various intermediaries," he said. "With Newcastle, I suppose you could say there is some truth in their interest. "I've never heard talk of Aston Villa. "They have never contacted us directly nor indirectly, via any agent, at the time of speaking."

That quote is about Rolan from Bordeaux, not Ayew.

I'm excited about Ayew, I think he could be a great addition and a good foil for Adebayor. At least we will have more than one dimension to our attack.

No way we should be paying that much for him. However our own stupid planning has resulted in this situation. I don't think TS and TF expected Liverpool to meet the release clause for Tekkers.

i wouldn't pay more than 8 - 9 mill for him anymore and its time to move on

This is the problem with the Benteke money were going to be held to ransom

Its a sign of the times... and appears to be the going rate for a 'hot prospect'.... especially if you are a buyer from the rich Premier League!

I much prefer this to the days when we were spunking similar amounts on the likes of Curtis Davis.....

• Like 1

But then go on to say

That article is in two pieces. That comment by the Bordeaux president is about Rolan, and mentions him in the article.

But then go on to say

That article is in two pieces. That comment by the Bordeaux president is about Rolan, and mentions him in the article.

Apologies my mistake....

Â