Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Almost left for palace during the summer apparently, don't see him being here after January personally.

Well he needs to knuckle down now and start playing.

If he carries on like he has done in August, I don't see him being in the starting line up come January personally.

He is not going to start in the front two unless there's an injury or suspension so he is in direct competition with Grealish and Adomah for the two wide positions.  He may get the nod ahead of Adomah on Sunday but once Adomah gets his chance, it could mean a stright choice between Grealish and Ayew on the left side.

We had similar statements though the transfer window!  Personally I think he will be here for the duration of this season and then it will be reviewed. People seem to assume he wants to go from his sulky demeanor, but that may just be who he is or how he comes across.  I don't think he's ever said he wants out has he?  I don't know what his state of mind is, but I imagine he must have hated it here last year - losing every week, getting pelted by the media and fans. There's probably still a bit of a hangover from that, but IF we can start winning regularly, playing better football and climbing the table I think he will start to enjoy it here more as the positive energy ramps up. Also think some of the new additions (e.g. Albert) may hep him.

gettyimages-526522094-1-2048x1536_348546

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Last week it was Olympiakos, this week it was Palace. One common denominator, lies. 

Tony said he wasn't going anywhere, he didn't go anywhere. That's all there is to it. No conspiracy. 

Exactly, if he wanted to go he'd have gone.  Everyone that wanted out, went.  I just hope he starts to click with our other new forwards in the next few weeks so the greedy miserable tag he's been given is shown up as a load of shite.

42 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, if he wanted to go he'd have gone.  Everyone that wanted out, went.  I just hope he starts to click with our other new forwards in the next few weeks so the greedy miserable tag he's been given is shown up as a load of shite.

I distinctly remember one post match interview he gave last season where he looked properly gutted that we had lost.

The sooner it comes together the better, there is a good player in there and despite all the performances last year he still showed he is capable at PL level.

47 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Remember Newcastle away last season, when he was dishing out the bollockings for people (mostly Sanchez) not marking up properly at corners.

Countless other games where he was the only player on the pitch who looked like he was trying to arrest the slide. So, I couldn't care if he's laughing like a simpleton or has a face like a smacked arse, personally. 

That's pretty much the reason I was sure he'd move in the summer.

I think he was fed up with being surrounded by talentless hacks who didn't bother putting in a shift. No wonder he looked miserable.

Also think it's the reason why he tries a bit to hard to do it all himself, even this season.

Hopefully he'll start to trust his teammates a bit more now we added some more motivated players, but I would not be surprised if he moved in January.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

His demeanour reminds me somewhat of Nigel Reo Coker

and if he has the same view as Nigel, he will never want to leave.

The new forwards we have signed ,could have a significant bearing on his future with us.

Edited by TRO

Â