Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Great game for Ayew. Sky gave him 5/10 - morons

ASTON VILLA v C PALACE PLAYER RATINGS

Aston Villa: Bunn (6), Bacuna (6), Okore (6), Lescott (7), Cissokho (6), Gueye (6), Westwood (6), Veretout (6), Gil (6), Ayew (5), Kozak (5)

Just saw this as well. WTF.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I realise that this means I should be burnt at the stake (probably quite rightly) but I didn't think he was quite at his best today. He was still very good though, a couple of fantastic runs, 'that' trick in their box for the shot over the top and a big chunk of effort - for me his best moment in the match was a forty yard run he made to chase down one of their players (Puncheon?) and dispossess him with about 20 minutes left - you could see it galvanised the others. He's an odd leader, he's got an expression on this face like a man licking a nettle and he's a little bit sulky at times, but he has the ability to lift others around him, either with a piece of brilliance or through his character. I'm very happy to have him here.

I agree with the track back to dispossess Puncheon but you should still be burnt at the stake OBE! ;)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I realise that this means I should be burnt at the stake (probably quite rightly) but I didn't think he was quite at his best today. He was still very good though, a couple of fantastic runs, 'that' trick in their box for the shot over the top and a big chunk of effort - for me his best moment in the match was a forty yard run he made to chase down one of their players (Puncheon?) and dispossess him with about 20 minutes left - you could see it galvanised the others. He's an odd leader, he's got an expression on this face like a man licking a nettle and he's a little bit sulky at times, but he has the ability to lift others around him, either with a piece of brilliance or through his character. I'm very happy to have him here.

I noticed after the final whistle he seemed to want to get all the players in a huddle in the centre of the pitch but too many of the players were throwing their shirts into the Holte so it didn't happen. Didn't Fox say at one of the fan meets him and Hutton are the leaders in the dressing room?

Crazy thought. He's WAAAAY too good for the Championship and I don't expect him to follow us there, nor would I blame him for not wanting to.

But, instead of selling him, how about loaning him to a top flight team with a right to buy clause which they could only use if we fail to get promoted back the Premier League, meaning that if we did get promoted we could then have him back, even more experienced.

I know this is as unplausible as it gets, but you know, one likes to dream...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I noticed after the final whistle he seemed to want to get all the players in a huddle in the centre of the pitch but too many of the players were throwing their shirts into the Holte so it didn't happen. Didn't Fox say at one of the fan meets him and Hutton are the leaders in the dressing room?

Yep. Although I don't think we're allowed to believe anything Tom Fox says. So who knows?

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not at all - it definitely wasn't one of his better performances IMO. 

The problem was that he was simply trying to do everything and as a result, wasn't supporting Kozak as well as he should have done IMO. One of the best chances we had was Kozak's flick on to him, which was when he was central and making a run into the box. Too often I felt that he was out wide with the ball when we only had Kozak in the box and it seemed to me that Veretout or Gil should have been on the ball instead with two men to aim for.  In fairness, that's more of his natural game than to be central but it wasn't what we needed at the time. 

Â