New Captain?

villianusa

I'd like this scenario to unfold: Ciaran Clark plays superbly in the first league matches, then he gets tied down to a new five year deal, part of it being him made captain (and having a release clause of £32.5 mill).

I'd like this scenario to unfold: Ciaran Clark plays superbly in the first league matches, then he gets tied down to a new five year deal, part of it being him made captain (and having a release clause of £32.5 mill).

while having a medical at city? ;)

And you forgot a medical at Citeh.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like its Micah Richards on the field, with Gabby club captain

Yep, official site confirmed it.

Timmy talks about a 'winning mentality' in Richards, which is pretty damning on others in the squad in my opinion.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4911570,00.html

Tim Sherwood has chosen his captains for the 2015/16 season. New boy Micah Richards will wear the armband on the field and long-serving forward Gabby Agbonlahor will be club captain. Former Manchester City defender Richards has skippered the team in a number of Villa's pre-season fixtures while Agbonlahor has often deputised in previous campaigns. The boss cited Richards' 'winning mentality' as a key factor in his decision while he also reckons boyhood Villa fan Agbonlahor's knowledge of the club will prove beneficial.

Sherwood said: "On the field captain will be Micah Richards. He gives us a fresh start, that's for sure. He's someone that's come in and we think Micah is the correct choice to lead the team. He's vocal and leads by example. I've been very pleased with him in pre-season. He's got fitter in every game and he looks the part. Micah's got an opinion which is good and he's not afraid to share it which is also good. He can bring a winning mentality here. It will take time and everyone else will need to pick it up. That will come."

And Sherwood believes Agbonlahor has an important role to play in helping the club's new signings settle into their new surroundings. He said: "Gabby will be club captain. He knows this club inside out. He will help the young foreign boys who have come over to a different country and to a new club to settle in."

Edited by VILLAMARV

Gabby helping young foreign players??? Has Tim heard Gabby put a sentence together?

I assume this just means, he'll be showing them where to get a cheeky Nando's?

• Like 1

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Gabby is giving the foreign lads a tour of Brum.

"Monsieur Gabby...... Qu'est-ce que c'est?"

" Erm that's the Bull Ring.......ya know....mooooooooo.....errr.......ring...like a telephone....ring ring. So do you eat snails then? I ate one from my garden once."

• Like 2

Looks like its Micah Richards on the field, with Gabby club captain

Yep, official site confirmed it.

Timmy talks about a 'winning mentality' in Richards, which is pretty damning on others in the squad in my opinion.

Deservedly so, IMO. When did we last have an actual leader on the pitch, a captain able to drive the rest of the team forward? Laursen maybe. We've had a team completely lacking leadership for years.

And do marauding runs from centre back constitute a winning mentality, or leading by example?

Considering our last two captains have said they would rather have no club and wait for a bigger club than sign a new contract with us, and have royally screwed us over (twice!), I think I'd rather than version of leading by example.

• Like 2

Â