New Captain?

villianusa

Not looked in this thread for a while and Just watched that Sherwood interview and saw Richards has been named as captain.

Positively, attribute wise, I think he could be a really good captain, physically imposing, and talks a lot on the pitch.

The big negative would be that his main criticism is he has moment at lapses in concentration and ideally he needs to focus on his own game.

Hopefully the honour of being captain of Aston Villa will help him become a rock at the back.

I don't like the idea of making a new signing captain. He's barely a Villa player yet. Should be Clark.

It seems that Sherwood wanted to change everything, so naming a new guy captain suits that strategy.

A cricket captain is a proper captain - decides who bowls, where to set the fielders and even has a say in the team selection.

Football captains just wear the arm band and act like they are in control, when in reality they are just a player like the rest.

Apart from the fact that cricket is the most pathetic sport ever created...dont reference cricket when speaking about football.

• Like 2

A cricket captain is a proper captain - decides who bowls, where to set the fielders and even has a say in the team selection.

Football captains just wear the arm band and act like they are in control, when in reality they are just a player like the rest.

Apart from the fact that cricket is the most pathetic sport ever created...dont reference cricket when speaking about football.

I am holier than thou!

Sport is sport. It's athletes competing to be the very best within the laws of that sport, to be the very best. It's admirable.

Sure some sports are more entertaining then others, completely depends on who you ask. It's a matter of taste, preferances and not to mention, understanding of that game.

Nothing wrong with comparing them to each other, might even be something to learn from that. But calling one sport pathetic is, more or less, calling sport in it self pathetic.

As for captains, personally I'd like to see the armband given to Clark. However I think Richards will do a good job as a captain. Let's see what the season brings!

In your opinion...

Â