New Captain?

villianusa

Micah Richards was captain yesterday.....

Vomit.

Why?

He's right down there on the list of people I'd choose for that role. I don't see what he can possibly bring to the role that will benefit the team. 

I think our best defence will be. Richards. Okore. Baker. Amavi.

So I wouldn't have Clark as a captain.

Baker and Okore at CB over Clark? Are you a new Villa fan for the 15/16 season?

Aye.

Mental.

I think we should actually wait to see if Richards is even any good in the role he has been signed to play before giving him the armband on top. Way too much faith being shown in this guy simply because of which club he came from.

He is the most successful player in our team (excluding Cole), and he has a big personality and presence. I think he is the best choice to be honest. 

Being part of a successful team and having a big personality, does not mean that you will be a good captain. It's irrelevant. 

Richards was always the stand out candidate. He captained Man City at all age levels including the first team on a number of occasions including when they won the league in 2012. He has also captained the England under 21's when they got to the Euro Champs final some years ago.

Sherwood wants players with a winning mentality. I think Richards has that in abundance so it makes sense if he has indeed been chosen to captain the side going forward.

• Like 1

He shouldn't automatically be captain just because he came from Man City. Quite apart from anything else, that's just weak and supplicating. 

Let's first of all see if he's actually any good now, rather than whether he was good three years ago, and then revisit the situation next season. 

• Like 1

Such a winner he got binned off and left on a free.

Milner also left on a free, pretty sure you'd take him?

Very different circumstances but you knew that already.

He shouldn't automatically be captain just because he came from Man City.

I must have missed the club's press release announcing that Richards has been chosen as captain for 2015/6 solely because he has come from Man City (wouldn't that mean that Sinclair has a prior claim?)

He shouldn't automatically be captain just because he came from Man City.

I must have missed the club's press release announcing that Richards has been chosen as captain for 2015/6 solely because he has come from Man City (wouldn't that mean that Sinclair has a prior claim?)

I see why your confused but Richards actually PLAYED a game for City, so he trumps Sinclaire

With Cambiasso being linked again - could he be our new captain?

And what would be the VT thoughts about this?

No qualms here.

If if if if if if if if if if if if if we get Cambiasso he'll be with us for what 12 months? 2 years tops.  I'd rather a Captain for a bit longer than that to be honest to grow with the team around him and for them to work with him as captain.  I'm not keen on short term captains

Â