Mark Bunn

villan_007

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

A few times the ball was passed back to him and he looked nervous. Then the shot from dyer which hit the post, he left it and had no idea it was going to hit the post. 

Like I said made 2 great saves, one in each half, to win us the game, but I just don't see him as a long term replacement 

Bunn still needs to prove he can be a long term replacement but I think you've picked the wrong game to make the point. I didn't see any nervousness in dealing with the numerous back passes and he definitely did not 'leave' the shot that flicked the outside of the post. He dived to save it and slow motion replays appear to show he might have got his glove tips to it, so definitely NOT 'left'.

Two fantastic saves and no mistakes make for a great game, IMO.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 3

I didn't like it when I saw him on the team sheet for QPR - never rated him in the past, but what a belter he had yesterday. That save at the death was incredible. Haven't seen a proper match-winning save like that from a keeper of ours since Guzan was good a few years ago. Played Bunny. 

He's not a bad keeper, I've said this since we signed him.

He's definitely not good enough to be a regular in the premier league. But he's good enough to be a backup, certainly at this level.

I'd be happy to sign a better keeper in January to be the number 1, but Bunn is an ok option.

He was excellent yesterday and I couldn't fault anything in his performance. That save at the end was excellent.

The thing I have noticed over the last two games is that I sense the defence trust him more and feel more confident passing the ball back with him in goal. I think with Gollini there was a hesitancy that was being transmitted to the defenders.

I still don't see Bunn as the solution beyond the next couple of games and think we will bring someone else in but at a time Gollini was lacking confidence and needed replacing he has certainly stepped up.

• Like 2

I can't really tell if Bunn was at fault for their first goal tonight.

When I saw it at the ground I thought he should have done better. On the replays since I can't tell if the Leeds attacker got a touch before hand or hindered Bunn in trying to save it. Odd one.

Other than that I thought he had another good game. Tainted somewhat by that goal if he's at fault.

1 hour ago, philgetaway said:

We need better than this guy in goal if we're going to get anywhere.

Weak for their goal. Also, his kicking is woeful. Rarely reaches the half way line, and aimed at the wrong areas. 

I don't understand this. 

This used to happen with Guzan. People just decide the keeper is bad at kicking and then after a game say his kicking was bad. 

Someone was saying it about Bunn last game and his.kicking was fine. I paid particular attention last night and again his kicking was fine. The only thing wrong was that kick where he hit an attacker, but even that was handball. 

I think people just decide about something to criticise about and go for it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand this. 

This used to happen with Guzan. People just decide the keeper is bad at kicking and then after a game say his kicking was bad. 

Someone was saying it about Bunn last game and his.kicking was fine. I paid particular attention last night and again his kicking was fine. The only thing wrong was that kick where he hit an attacker, but even that was handball. 

I think people just decide about something to criticise about and go for it. 

Have to disagree Stevo

It's true that he lacks the power to get the ball much beyond the half way line and they're often wayward, if we assume that they're aimed at one of Kodjia, Gestede or Jedinak.....depending on who's on the pitch at the time

We must be watching different games because none of that is true apart from maybe the lack of power. But he still comfortably clears the halfway line so don't really see that as an issue. 

Really don't rate Bunn at all but I don't think he was at fault for the goal. It bounced right in front of him and there was an unmarked player in his way.

could have done better maybe but definitely not his fault.

Edited by sexbelowsound

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nothing wrong with his kicking, don't get that at all, however I'm sorry to be sat here again thinking if our keeper want such a clown we might be another 2 points better off. 

It was a routine save and he snuffed it. Very disappointing, but expected. 

True but Gollini has let in soft goals this season and has made very poor errors. Bottom line is that both keepers have cost us points and we need one who is going to be a lot more solid. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I think he's done well for the games he has played, but the goal yesterday was a soft one to let in.

For me he's not a Number 1 of the calibre we need, and it doesn't bode well that Bruce has dumped Gollini for this guy, and appears to be trying to bring in another young keeper.

I would have preferred that we stuck with Gollini and gave him the experience he desperately needs, I certainly don't think he would have done any worse in the last two games than Bunn.

Bunn is an Ok keeper, but he will not take us forward, Gollini could be our keeper for the foreseeable future. From what I have seen of him Gollini is the best shot stopper we've has since Bosnich, and his decision making has improved drastically even in the short time he has been here. keepers learn from playing games, and sometimes you have to have let them play through poor patches.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

True but Gollini has let in soft goals this season and has made very poor errors. Bottom line is that both keepers have cost us points and we need one who is going to be a lot more solid. 

The problem with this is that Bunn is 32, Gollini is not.

Â