Mark Bunn

villan_007

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed the lack of reserve football is a bad hindrance for the English league. Youth players don't get to play against adults so don't develop fully. The likes of Grealish and Gardner walked through youth football but didn't learn the hard stuff so now playing against adults they struggle.

As for Bunn, he seems a likeable character but hopefully we get better in.

Yup, #1 reason why English clubs are struggling in Europe, no reserve league to keep a full high quality squad fit and happy. Bunn, ciao fool!

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

So I take it he's been offered a new contract? Or just staying with us for fitness until he finds himself a new team?

Wasn't on the released list so looks like he's got a new deal.

55 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wasn't on the released list so looks like he's got a new deal.

Seems odd that both him and the club wouldn't mention agreeing to a new deal?? What's up with that?

2 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Maybe he is just training with us until we sign another goalkeeper? Without him, we would be heading into friendlies with just Steer.

we will probably need 2 keepers if he goes :o as not sure Bruce fancies Steer and Johnstone doesnt look like coming back

He seemed like a popular figure and runs his own training school, maybe staying on in a part-coaching role until an offer comes in for him? He certainly won't be a disruptive influence or a resource drain.

Not bothered by him staying but just confused why no new contract has been mentioned. 

9 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Maybe he is just training with us until we sign another goalkeeper? Without him, we would be heading into friendlies with just Steer.

Surely he would have been on the released list though - he was on the retained list .

On 7/2/2017 at 05:46, mikeyp102 said:

All stats sites etc have his contract run out 30/6/17 all very odd

When looking at our contracts at the start of last season all I could find was that his deal expires at the end of the 2017 season, however on the latest update of FM17 his contract runs out at the end of 2018. Maybe he or the club activated an extra year clause over the past 6-12 months and kept it quiet?

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

When looking at our contracts at the start of last season all I could find was that his deal expires at the end of the 2017 season, however on the latest update of FM17 his contract runs out at the end of 2018. Maybe he or the club activated an extra year clause over the past 6-12 months and kept it quiet?

F***

My most disliked current player. In the season we went down, we lost at home, he played and was terrible and was posting messages that evening on his instagram account about having a great night out with mates. I messaged him saying , I get you don't support the club, but show some sensitivity to the fans who are hurting right now and maybe just dont post messages on the night you played and lost showing how little you care, and he just deleted my message. Fair enough. He doesn't know me from Adam, but he also clearly doesnt care about this club or its fans. It wouldnt have taken much to say, touch day at the office but ncie evening with mates or something to that effect. Just acknowledge something happened int he day. He is here for the wages and to do his job. Most players wont care much more either, but I would ask that they at least pretend to care. Caring doesnt make you better (see Westwood) but I think it does mean a lot when you have players fighting as a team and caring about the results even if they dont necessarily love the club (see Hutton). I hope he goes as soon as possible. 

Just been having a bit of a dig to find out more and it turns out he got a 12 month extension on his contract a while back so is in contract till 2018

Unfortunate...needs to be let go, just not good enough. Doesn't strike me as the kind of character or player that is desperate and determined enough to realistically challenge for a starting spot, maybe he's satisfied with being backup.

Would ideally like us to have an experienced, capable and inspiring 1st choice GK and a promising youngster or two as backup.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Â