Mark Bunn

villan_007

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Not when he made the save he wasn't. Amavi was completely the wrong side of him. 

Amavi was standing near him, I wouldn't call that marking.

Exactly my point. I was saying that amavi was supposedly marking him but making a total arse of it.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand this. 

This used to happen with Guzan. People just decide the keeper is bad at kicking and then after a game say his kicking was bad. 

Someone was saying it about Bunn last game and his.kicking was fine. I paid particular attention last night and again his kicking was fine. The only thing wrong was that kick where he hit an attacker, but even that was handball. 

I think people just decide about something to criticise about and go for it. 

Watch the second half of the Forest game again when he came off the bench, his kicking was putting us under pressure.

I also noticed it at QPR, and that's a tiny pitch. The depth and accuracy of the kicks. 

Against Burton it was okay to be fair.

Last night wasn't so much about the distance, but where it was aimed. Under no pressure kicking it to Westwood?? He should be hitting Kodja most of the time in my opinion. Maybe it's a tactic?

2 hours ago, philgetaway said:

Watch the second half of the Forest game again when he came off the bench, his kicking was putting us under pressure.

I also noticed it at QPR, and that's a tiny pitch. The depth and accuracy of the kicks. 

Against Burton it was okay to be fair.

Last night wasn't so much about the distance, but where it was aimed. Under no pressure kicking it to Westwood?? He should be hitting Kodja most of the time in my opinion. Maybe it's a tactic?

But I wasn't talking about the Forest or QPR games. I was talking about last night (and the burton game).

This kind of proves my point. It sounds like you've noticed he had a poor kicking game sometime in the past and used it as a go to criticism. 

Nothing wrong with his kicking last night.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I wasn't talking about the Forest or QPR games. I was talking about last night (and the burton game).

This kind of proves my point. It sounds like you've noticed he had a poor kicking game sometime in the past and used it as a go to criticism. 

Nothing wrong with his kicking last night.

Read my final paragraph. His kicking was aimless last night under no pressure. So yes, I was talking about last night.

Will have to agree to disagree. 

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Spink, Bosnich, James, schmeichal, Friedal, another keeper of their quality would be incredible. 

If we have any notion of getting back to where we come from we have to set the bar high......whether we reach it, is another thing.....but you only get anywhere by stretching yourself, not saying it can't be done at every juncture.

"If you think you can, you can......If you think you can't, you can't"

We know what we have had in the past( the good past).......we know what we need

That has to be the new thinking

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

must be a goalkeeper available on a free that we could sign until end of season. Mark Schwarzer or Kirkland or somebody like that 

The former Swedish U21 and current 3rd choice national side keeper Patrik Carlgren is available after his move to 1860 Munich didn't come off.

He's pretty decent, 25 y.o.

Just now, sne said:

The former Swedish U21 and current 3rd choice national side keeper Patrik Carlgren is available after his move to 1860 Munich didn't come off.

He's pretty decent, 25 y.o.

he was decent in the Under 21s a few years back. Only problem is he looks about 12

• Like 1

All keepers make mistakes, even the best ones. Just look at Arsenal v Chelsea this weekend. Both Cortois and Cech highly regarded and considered 2 of the best 5 in the league but were both at fault in this game.

I don't mind the odd mistake from a keeper, as long as they pull of world class saves and win us points in the season.

This is why I think James was one of the best keepers we've had in the last few decades. Yes he made the odd clanger, but I honestly think he made more saves than anyone else we've had since I've been following us.

I think we gave up on Gollini far too early, Johnstone doesn't make saves, so I think Bunn is certainly better than him.

Just now, Junxs said:

All keepers make mistakes, even the best ones. Just look at Arsenal v Chelsea this weekend. Both Cortois and Cech highly regarded and considered 2 of the best 5 in the league but were both at fault in this game.

I don't mind the odd mistake from a keeper, as long as they pull of world class saves and win us points in the season.

This is why I think James was one of the best keepers we've had in the last few decades. Yes he made the odd clanger, but I honestly think he made more saves than anyone else we've had since I've been following us.

I think we gave up on Gollini far too early, Johnstone doesn't make saves, so I think Bunn is certainly better than him.

Agree on gollini , agree on JohnstoNe but don't agree on David james .

Â