Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Amavi is a " gun" player. Its better to have him and not need him than need him and not have him. With that in mind, we should look for backup in January, because it would be bad news if he is injured. Probably someone versatile who can play both sides of the pitch.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has played only 574 minutes since a season long injury. 

Only twice on TV. Just sayin. 

With regards Amavi, I am willing to give him time. I think back to Delph when he came back from long term injuries, he was pants for a long time and most on here slagged him. Then he got his confidence back and hit some form and became one of our best players receiving International recognition. I'll probably get grief for this because of the player mentioned, but I reckon if you read through his thread most on here were positive on him until his U-turn.

He's improving steadily, with more game time to increase his sharpness he will only get better. It's a serious injury that he's had, I never thought he'd play for us again. It would be ludicrous to consider selling him now. Let's try supporting our players and see where it takes us. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

By who? The thread here seems quite balanced. Besides, hard for him to convince you when you only seen him what, 2 times this season?

The general fanbase since he signed tbh. I don't know how many times I've seen him. It's probs more than 2. kind of a moot point though because I'm posting my opinion.

FINE for you to disagree of course and it's a valid point but I can't change the amount of times I've currently seen him, nor will my opinion change based on what I havent seen.

Always liked Amavi and you can see he is gradually getting back to full strength and fitness. Bruce has obviously worked on his defending and as such Amavi's positioning is getting better and less mistakes are being made. His forays forward tend to come more in the second half, but I think that is a tactic by Bruce, the whole team saves energy until the last 30-40 mins then really go for it.

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has played only 574 minutes since a season long injury. 

Only twice on TV. Just sayin. 

Plus they say cameras add 5lbs which can't be great for his knee either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

My own assumption and rumoured interest from Liverpool. 

IMO if he had made it known he wanted a move someone would have come in for him. 

Adama moved to the prem and you could reasonably argue Amavi made more of a positive impression last season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â