Ray Wilkins

midian

heard bits of the interview, came across as not really being that arsed about being sacked and he's comment on us getting a point by being defensive (which was bollocks), is it better to get a point or to be 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go only to spunk it away by bring on another striker.

the man is an idiot. As genie says, its just the usual cliche shite that comes from him.

One of the funniest was when he started going on about what Tottenham had to when they had the ball.

"Force the ball, they've got use the force of the ball, use the ball, we've got to use the ball, just send the ball in the right area, just force it"

It's a 50-50. He's got 50, and you've got 50, that's why it's a 50-50 ball.

17 Funny Ray Wilkins Quotes

And we didn't even use "Stay on your feet".
Sabotage

Oct 15, 2015
    SHARES
  •  

17. "Fabregas literally carries ten yards of space around in his shorts."

16. "It's the first booking that gives him the second one."

15. "Frank Lampard has still got the same legs he had five years ago."

14. "He’s got a great right foot, and if he can get his head around that he'll be a great player."

13. "West Ham have committed 13 fouls, but they weren’t fouls, they were commitment."

12. "Unfortunately, we keep kicking ourselves in the foot."

11. "Liverpool don't take touches. It’s either one-touch or two-touch."

10. "The gelling period has started to knit."

9. "We could be putting the hammer in Luton's coffin."

8. "It looks a bit hamstringy. If it’s a hamstring, then ooh, it’s a naughty one. He’s certainly holding his hamstring or the top of his buttock."

7. "The interesting thing about Nani is that he has two feet."

6. "Look at the fans behind the goal. Nobody’s appealing for a Villa penalty. OK, they’re QPR fans, but…"

5. "We are talking negativitively about them."

4. "Ronaldo is always very close to being onside or offside."

3. "That's exactly how you head a ball... you use your head."

2. "Signori has all the tricks up his book."

1. "That was an inch perfect pass to no one."

Edited by Genie
  • Like 4

Cannot understand why he would give a interview saying Villa will get relegated just 2 weeks after leaving ,it smacks of sour grapes in his time here he contributed nothing positive offered the club nothing glad to see the back of him and can't wait for us to prove him wrong .

On 11/13/2015, 6:52:25, Genie said:

I hate listening to Wilkins speak. He just spouts football buzz words, clichés and generic statements over and over without actually saying anything insightful or even specific. 

Oh this for me. The way he fudges the Mourinho question when asked is ridiculous, yes Ray he may be one of the best managers in recent times but there's a reason they're 15th and it's not all down to bad ref decisions yet he dosen't even properly evaluate.

It's interesting, people like him coming up with head scratching comments yet they keep on getting prominent positions in the game so what makes people think they're suddenly saying logical stuff on the training ground and dressing room?

9 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Cannot understand why he would give a interview saying Villa will get relegated just 2 weeks after leaving ,it smacks of sour grapes in his time here he contributed nothing positive offered the club nothing glad to see the back of him and can't wait for us to prove him wrong .

Its because our results since the two football genius's have left have took a bad turn, if they had been here we would have won ....

Media may as well let a **** mental patient comment us tbh , it would make more sense 

• Like 1

Sorry I am bit late here with this about Wilkins as just seen it. No wonder our players played like losers when you have  a loser mentality like Wilkins. How can he honestly say we are down when we still have so much to play for. Pathetic. Worse than Keane, probably one of our poorest number 2s

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I didn't think he'd be so thick as to suggest we'll be relegated as if he and his boss aren't responsible for it :lol:

Eaxctly its his bloody fault, so he is bascally saying him and sherwood have relegated us. idiot

• 7 months later...

I listened to some of it, he was a joke.  To summarise:

- Its all down to the players.

- Managers can not be blamed. 

- Chris Coleman is a leader of men who brings people together

- John Terry would have saved the Day.

- Formations and tactics are nonsense, just play football.

So what i took from the first 3 points was, if a team does well the manager should get credit, if the team flops its all on the players.

i was listening for a bit, he got pretty angry, dont think he was drunk though, durham was at his winding up best

wilkins was arguing that the likes of walcott should be leaving their club to play weekly football but that they were more interested in money, durham was saying it was wengers fault

it wasnt much of a debate it was 2 blokes shouting at each other, wilkins was swaying from being very sensible (when i stopped listening he was tearing in to all these chelsea kids who prefer £ over playing) to talking some utter utter bollocks about how anyone who hasnt played competition football doesnt understand the pressure and how english football doesnt need structure and systems it needs people enjoying themselves

Â